Coming round from general anaesthetic.

(6 Posts)
LittleWhiteHens Sat 14-May-16 12:49:27

This is a bit weird....I'm wondering if anyone else has had a dodgy, possibly sexual experience, coming round from GA. The reason I ask is that a few years ago, I had an operation. I remember the feeling of coming round, but felt that the thing that woke me up was the sensation of the porter's finger poking me up the bum. I thought at the time that this couldn't possibly have happened. But, on telling my DH, he mentioned that when he came round from GA after a knee op, he thought the Doc was playing with his (DH's) balls!!! My question is, does coming round make your brain act weird, or are a lot of weirdos working in hospitals? (Different hosps btw).

expatinscotland Sat 14-May-16 12:51:07

You can hallucinate from some of the drugs you're given with a GA.

MakingJudySmile Sat 14-May-16 12:55:17

I've felt as if I've left my body and viewed my waking from the ceiling

I've felt like I was being restrained - as in my arms and legs held down.

I've also thought the nurse was a dead family member (not in a freaked out way)

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 14-May-16 12:56:48

you might have been given a pain suppository.

0phelia Mon 16-May-16 23:22:28

Last time I came round from GA I said
"Oh god where am I, I've been up ALL night drinking"
I hadn't had anything to drink in months! But I never felt someone's fingers up my bum.

expatinscotland Mon 16-May-16 23:36:54

I grew up bilingual. I woke up from a 3 hour op speaking Spanish. The nurses kept telling me I was speaking Spanish, but I insisted, in Spanish, that I was in fact speaking English.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now