Babies see ghosts?

(15 Posts)
jessica132 Fri 13-May-16 12:54:10

Hello, y'all! I've read somewhere that babies can see ghosts until they are like 1 year old, and that's why they cry "for no reason". Personally I think if this thing with being reborn and stuff is true, it's related to seeing ghosts at a very young age. Maybe when you die and then are born again you're kind of connected to your previous life and have visions of creepy stuff, or dead family members. It's kind of lame conversation but I want to know your opinion about this.
What do you guys think? What do you guys believe?

xx
~ Jessica (Creepy Mom)

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Fri 13-May-16 12:57:32

There's no such thing as 'ghosts'

And babies cry for a multiple of reasons.

Shakirawannabe Fri 20-May-16 05:35:58

They do say babies and animals can see ghosts, my ds always would look at something and laugh (in. A empty corner) used to freak me out, he stopped at about 2. I don't think it's to do with past life, it's apparently because they are 'open ' to it

underrugsswept Fri 20-May-16 05:50:52

My DS sometimes points to something/someone I can't see and says things like 'Hi Grandma', Here you go Grandma' (offering a crayon). Both his Grandmas are alive but one of mine (his Great Grandma) plus a couple of my Aunties aren't. It always makes me wonder what he can see that I can't.

shouldwestayorshouldwego Fri 20-May-16 05:54:30

We did have a freaky episode with dd1 at FIL's house when dd1 was 8 months. She kept staring at a pic of MIL who had died 5 yrs earlier and dd was named after, and then looking behind her and then looking at the photo and then behind her went on for about a minute and all the adults were a bit freaked out by it.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 20-May-16 06:29:57

I believe in ghosts, so yes, I don't see why not.

BeauGlacons Fri 20-May-16 06:33:55

I think they probably can see them, providing they are there?

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Fri 20-May-16 07:46:35

shaki who is 'they'?

Shakirawannabe Fri 20-May-16 07:54:23

Mediums, physics no need to be goady Mum

underrugsswept Fri 20-May-16 12:20:47

Mumontherun with the greatest respect, why did you even open the thread if you think it's bollocks? Just go elsewhere!

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Fri 20-May-16 17:11:02

Sorry but a baby sees a ghost and this is why they 'cry for no reason'

Lol ok then grin

MrsHardy1 Tue 31-May-16 00:53:15

I don't believe in ghosts but when ds was a baby he used to 'watch' something on the ceiling and laugh. It used to really freak me out, especially when at night when dp was at work.

I don't think he could see anything, just being amused by nothing.

LilQueenie Tue 31-May-16 01:24:02

its mostly spirits they see. a ghost is more a previous short event caught in time being replayed.I think you are referring to spirit here. When reincarnated we are supposed to have our memories supressed so as not to interfere with our current lives but sometimes we do remember. I do believe our deceased relatives visit a lot and babies do pick up on it. I remember being told I creeped people out doing this as a child but god knows why they were creeped out as they all had visions of spirit.

HelloHola Thu 16-Jun-16 09:44:31

My sister has a cat who always used to look into one top corner of their living room. When my nephew came along, she would find the cat and the baby staring into the same corner with the baby smiling.

I definitely think they have some sort of sixth sense at an early age.

Bedsheets4knickers Thu 16-Jun-16 22:45:48

In my daughters bedroom . We would see orbs???? On the video camera go over the cot . A second later she would be crying .. It happened a lot from 6 months until around 18 months .. I would see like a small flash then I knew she would wake . Used to freak me out . Never saw anything like it in my sons room and he slept a lot sounder .
I have no idea if it is relative to ghosts but I did think along those lines .. There was also a bolt lock on the out side of her bedroom door and a kick hole on the inside of her door .. It's always been in the back of my mind . I'm not in anyway a believer in the supernatural x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now