feeling uncomfortable about this.

(19 Posts)
MuttonCadet Mon 02-May-16 14:35:25

We live in a small part of a 15th century Manor House, never felt anything spooky or woo. However I wouldn't say I'm an unbeliever.

Yesterday DH wrote a shopping list, he was wandering round the downstairs whilst doing it, but there are only 4 rooms.

He lost the list and all three of us (teenage son), spent a good 20 minutes looking for it. Everyone went into every room.

DH ended up writing another list and then they went to the shop. Five minutes later I walked into the dining room (which you have to go through to get out of the house) and the list was there, on the end of an otherwise empty dining table.

I phone DH to laugh and ask where he had discovered the list, but he didn't pick up. When he called later I asked him where he'd found it, he said he hadn't, and had no idea what I was talking about.

There is no way we all missed the list, it stood out clear as day.

So can anyone offer a non-woo explanation. I can't afford to move (and love this house), but not keen on sharing with a ghost.

0phelia Tue 03-May-16 21:26:18

Blokes really are terrible at looking for things.

MuttonCadet Tue 03-May-16 21:38:01

Lol, but I looked as well!

Thanks for the reply, I was feeling a bit lonely. smile

LadyReuleaux Tue 03-May-16 21:38:49

He put it down somewhere non-obvious, like on a shelf, and then couldn't find it.

When they went out a draft blew it onto the table.

Or what ophelia said!

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 03-May-16 21:44:22

was there anything extra on the list??

Ye Olde Potly Noodle
Ye Olde Turnips
Thy Mediaeval Daily Maile

LadyReuleaux Tue 03-May-16 21:47:04

rofl

or "Scary Liquid"? (as DD would say at Halloween)

MuttonCadet Tue 03-May-16 21:47:27

It did look placed, but accept that probably the answer.

Unfortunately no extra items, not even ye olde pomme bears and nice ham.

Would be horrified to share a house with a daily mail reader, no matter how old or dead.

ManonCrempog Tue 03-May-16 21:57:10

Your house is haunted by someone who died on the way to the co-op.

MuttonCadet Tue 03-May-16 22:01:09

They'd be upset that DH was on his way to aldi then!

HarrietSchulenberg Tue 03-May-16 22:09:28

Weird. I lost and found my engagement ring once in similar circumstances. It was in the same room as me and was lost and found within a matter of minutes, but when it turned up it was very shiny and polished looking, whereas before it was a bit dull looking.
No strange woo feelings but I did say "Thank You" out loud, just in case.
Perhaps it was pixies (helpful face).

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 03-May-16 22:26:47

we found a ring in the bathroom once....had had some friend over with children, and knew it wasn't mine or dd's, it was just sitting on the edge of the bath

little half wishbone with a small stone setting, checked with everyone who had been but no one had lost it

left it there for a bit to see it it would disappear, then dd started wearing it....she'd still be wearing it today if the dog had not chewed it ...pup got it stuck on a tooth and was doign that claccky tooth smacking thing and i rummaged in her mouth and found it! DD had only taken it off to steal some of my handcream!

BrieAndChilli Tue 03-May-16 22:32:14

Could there have been something on top of the list that was picked up when our DH left the house - coat or wallet etc.

TheRollingCrone Tue 03-May-16 22:37:33

I think it disappeared in a time warp thingy... Some clever physicist will come on and explain in a minute.

I can,t do the link thing but the time hole warp is an actual thing, peer reviewed and everything.

MuttonCadet Tue 03-May-16 22:45:43

Brieandchilli (great combo btw), no, we'd all checked the dining room and the table was completely bare.

It did look placed, even DH and DS (who are not woo at all), are a bit freaked. However, given that we've been here a few years I'm willing to assume that a rogue draft blew it from wherever it was to the table.

MuttonCadet Tue 03-May-16 22:46:58

Slightly more freaked by the thought of a time warp than a ghost. Wouldn't want to be transported anywhere that didn't involve first class travel grin

TheRollingCrone Tue 03-May-16 22:49:32

Just remember Mutton don,t talk to yourself if you meet yourself there. It could alter the whole of human history foevvvverrrr! grin

MuttonCadet Tue 03-May-16 22:52:14

I need to remember to carry sporting almanacs on my person just in case, back to the future taught me something!

JoffreyBaratheon Wed 25-May-16 09:23:52

We used to live opposite a house where this stuff happened constantly. It was usually small, metal things like rings, keys etc. They'd vanish for a few days or a week then reappear. The children of the house were no the culprits either as they were my best friends, and they were as freaked out by it as the adults.

Eventually, the family sold the house to some outsiders to the village and were careful not to mention anything. I remember several times being in the living room, when this happened. The things would reappear as well, but somewhere else entirely and not for a while.

Missgraeme Thu 28-Jul-16 12:17:16

Found a St Christopher on my bedroom rug some months ago. No clue where it came from. But spooky things are norm to me. Had a spook in my life for nearly 30 years now. . Unless evil things go on don't be worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now