Anyone happen to know name of horse trainer/instructor on Davina's 'Make my body better' by any chance please?

(9 Posts)
Sequentialchoring Mon 29-Aug-16 22:38:02

Her name was Annie Rhodes or Rose or similar ... DD was just talking at the time and I missed that bit!

She had some lovely weight bearing Shire Xs

Curlgurl Mon 29-Aug-16 22:44:08

I think he went here www.cumbrianheavyhorses.com/html/about_us.html

Sequentialchoring Mon 29-Aug-16 22:55:48

Thank you so much Curlgurl! Really appreciate that! Definitely know where I will be going next summer!!

frostyfingers Tue 30-Aug-16 10:10:53

Just caught the end of this - well done that man. However Davina, someone needs to give her better information - a thoroughbred shire horse? Argghh!

Sequentialchoring Tue 30-Aug-16 12:24:03

I winced a bit at that too FrostyF!!

Yes, wasn't he brilliant? And a really nice bloke to boot!

chuntersalot Tue 30-Aug-16 12:29:44

Amazing story of the 'Great Clydesdale Migration' here:

www.cumbrianheavyhorses.com/html/ourhistory.html

Sequentialchoring Tue 30-Aug-16 12:52:30

Must have been a brilliant experience Chunters!

Browsing the website, I loved the picture of the gentleman who was celebrating his 80th birthday on horseback with his daughters!

As I am currently in my early fifties, unfit, overweight, prostrate because of a bad back and generally in no fit state to ride atm, that story has given me something to aim for!

venys Fri 02-Sep-16 22:01:23

Ooh I have been there but it's been there longer than a year ( she needs to update her website). I was 8 weeks pregnant, sick as a dog, hadn't told my friends I was travelling with yet and had a bad back. They put me on some lovely beast that looked after me well. It was good fun (well as fun as it could be whilst throwing up). Annie is lovely.

Curlgurl Sat 03-Sep-16 17:57:56

I would love to go there, bit of a trek from Essex. Must feel amazing galloping those massive horse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now