prospective horse has tooth abscess

(3 Posts)
heef Sat 11-Jun-16 14:28:56

Finally decided on a lovely mare for my daughter, a day before the vetting a tooth abscess appeared, cancelled vetting and she has been on bute/anti biotics and turned out on field rest.
My question is- would this put you off buying? Because she has had an abscess is she now more prone to recurring problems? As far as I know X-rays were not taken. She is 6yo.

heef Sat 11-Jun-16 19:21:37

Any advice (particularly from vets!) welcome

ADishBestEatenCold Sun 26-Jun-16 01:10:19

What did you decide, heef? Did you get any further information?

I think I would have wanted a lot information as to what was thought to have caused the abscess in the first place. Presumably if the cause was ongoing, then it very well could reoccur as soon as the medication stopped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now