Olympia Horse Show

(16 Posts)
StableYard Tue 12-Apr-16 20:56:57

We are planning to go for the first time to the afternoon Saturday show. Has anyone got any advice for me? Best seats etc.

Many thanks

mrslaughan Tue 12-Apr-16 21:07:27

I like being as close to the middle of the long side , on the shopping side if possible, in the last row of the first block to the arena (you can climb out easily , but still close).
I also discovered this year that the pony club run a bag check - can't believe I never found it in the past!

StableYard Wed 13-Apr-16 17:13:46

So if in Row F, I can just climb over the back of my seat to make a quick escape?

Biggles398 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:20:28

If you have afternoon tickets, you can also watch the morning performance

mrslaughan Wed 13-Apr-16 22:55:16

Yes thats it row F - and exactly why `i like it!

ZoeHorseShow Thu 14-Apr-16 12:20:25

Hello,
Tickets are priced according to location, so the top price tickets will be the best seats in the house, second price will be second best, etc, there are 4 price brackets plus a limited view seat option that is cheapest. Overall, Olympia is a fairly intimate arena so wherever you sit you will have quite a good view, it's not like these football stadiums you see where the back seats are miles away from the arena!
If you are interested in doing a bit of shopping while you are there (highly recommended) then I would suggest arriving a couple of hours before the performance starts so you can get a good look while it's not too busy, it's a very popular area in the interval. Also, as mrslaughan said, there is a shopping drop-off area where you can leave your shopping until you would like to go home, leaving you happily hands-free throughout the performance. I would also say that it is a great idea to take advantage of the morning session that is included in most afternoon performance tickets, but if you are not particularly 'horsey' then the qualifiers (or other similar classes that happen in morning sessions) may not be as exciting for you as the full performance in the afternoon with all the displays and finale.
Let me know if you have any more questions and I will be happy to help.
Zoe

Butkin Fri 15-Apr-16 10:28:20

We go every year and tend to buy the second tier priced tickets which still have great views. We choose (on the day they come on sale) to be half way down the long side - on the side nearest the shopping (just to make it easier to get in there during the interval).

As people have said you also get access to the morning session with an afternoon ticket. This gives you more time to shop - as it is absolutely packed during the afternoon - and on some days they have interesting things going on. We always aim to attend on the day when they have the M&M Championships which are judged in the morning and they come back in the afternoon for presentation.

Specky4eyes Thu 21-Apr-16 06:19:18

What time do they go on sale?

Butkin Thu 21-Apr-16 15:13:02

Not sure but anytime soon.. We've already bought out tickets for HOYS back on 16th Feb...

Butkin Fri 22-Apr-16 12:14:23

On sale at 9am next Thursday..

Specky4eyes Fri 22-Apr-16 13:38:56

Ohhhhh....thank you!

Specky4eyes Fri 22-Apr-16 14:52:15

Where did you see that information? I've looked on the Olympia site and can't see it blind as a bat

Butkin Fri 22-Apr-16 16:19:03

As a regular visitor got an email today...

It does say that tickets come on sale at 9am on Thursday or "24 hours later" to people not on priority list (ie people been before etc).

Specky4eyes Fri 22-Apr-16 16:30:14

oh ok many thanks.

I did see the 29th somewhere previously but I can't find it now. I wonder if they pulled it down to amend it for priority list only.

Bother bother...so we might not get good seats as we will have to wait until the following day. My sister has booked the morning off work solely to book the tickets. Will break the news to her gently.....

Specky4eyes Fri 22-Apr-16 16:30:25

oh ok many thanks.

I did see the 29th somewhere previously but I can't find it now. I wonder if they pulled it down to amend it for priority list only.

Bother bother...so we might not get good seats as we will have to wait until the following day. My sister has booked the morning off work solely to book the tickets. Will break the news to her gently.....

Butkin Sat 23-Apr-16 21:17:10

All the seats are good - unlike many events there aren't any duff ones at all - especially down either of the long sides. I'm sure they won't sell out on Thursday so sure you'll get what you need. What day are you planning to go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now