Lloyds bank ad.

(19 Posts)
Pixel Wed 01-Jul-15 22:57:43

Just seen the new ad (at least I assume it's new, might have been out for ages and I've only just seen it!). Anyway, it's lovely and made me a bit teary.
here

mrslaughan Thu 02-Jul-15 08:22:44

Sitting here crying........god I love horses, such special creatures....

Gabilan Thu 02-Jul-15 13:19:09

I'm glad it's not just me. I know it's cynical manipulation by an advertising company. But then again, I get the sense that whoever filmed it knows and loves horses. And they did find such beautiful horses! In fact I need to watch it at home and look at the Friesians pulling the wedding carriage. The set up looks very like my old home town and I knew a company there that used Friesians for pulling wedding carriages, so I might have seen them in the flesh.

CaveMum Thu 02-Jul-15 14:58:15

Made me tear up too blush

I met Downlands Cancara (the stallion they used for the iconic "galloping down the beach" advert) and the Royal Bath & West Show about 20 years ago. One of the highlights of my pony-mad teens grin

Pixel Thu 02-Jul-15 17:16:10

The only unrealistic part was someone being able to actually get mounted in a white jacket without getting filthy. Dhorse would be guaranteed to snort all over me in the 'kissing' scene grin.

Gabilan Thu 02-Jul-15 17:59:55

Oh yes. "I love you so much, I am going to wipe filthy green slobber all over your back. And you won't really notice and will walk round like that for the rest of the day and wonder why people go hmm at you".

BaldricksWife Fri 03-Jul-15 14:41:12

It is a wonderful advert, my horsie looks like Black Beauty too (it does, it does!). I think it is a wonderful reminder of how much we owe to the horse and it makes me as tearful as I am when they read out the 'Ode to the Horse' at HOYS. Hope the bank get a bit more business from it!

GillynMilly Fri 03-Jul-15 21:05:16

Have to just agree! Fab to see something of recognition to 'the Horse' often wander where we would be nowadays without them. Hope it isn't lost on joe public but at least those of us who know n love em get what it means. My mare is a big black beastie sadly don't think she would be keen to do anything like those on the ad,except the canter through the wood,accompanied by several spooks,rabbits,dear,monsters in the trees etc and yes,would definitely snort all over me first!

CatchIt Tue 07-Jul-15 20:49:59

It made me a bit teary! My boy is black and is handsome enough to be a Lloyds Bank Horse. Except for his bulbous knees! blush

Pointlessfan Tue 07-Jul-15 20:54:30

I love that advert, I keep forgetting to tell my mum to watch it, I know she'd love it too. Such beautiful horses.

ExitPursuedByABear Tue 07-Jul-15 20:55:35

Sob

honeyroar Thu 09-Jul-15 15:49:43

It's lovely, isn't it.

BoutrosBoutros Thu 09-Jul-15 16:24:07

Oh my god cavemum I was obsessed with Downlands Cancara as a pony-mad child! He was always in Horse & Pony magazine and I used to pull out all the posters for my wall. The ad made me cry too, shame it's for a crappy bank and not a good cause like Redwings or something!

CaveMum Thu 09-Jul-15 18:06:29

My wall was covered in posters of D.C, Freddie (the H&P pony) and Take That grin

Pixel Thu 09-Jul-15 21:42:10

I'm afraid I go back further than Freddie and had pictures of Silent King (aka Shazam), the first H&P horse on my wall. He was a lovely chestnut arab showjumper, much better than the rather boring Freddie (who was quite sweet but nothing special). It was such a shock when they announced in the magazine that he'd died in a horrible trailer accident when his leg went through the floor.sad

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 18-Jul-15 00:32:51

OOh yes, I remember the H&P horse trailer accident sad

The Lloyds advert they're showing on TV is a cut version (I keep saying to DH "they've cut that" hmm )

The full length advert is amazing, love it.Working horses and working dogs always bring a lump to my throat.

horseygeorgie Sat 18-Jul-15 00:36:48

Beautiful advert and always makes me cry! The horses were supplied by the devils horsemen if anyone is interested.

CordeliaFoxx Sat 18-Jul-15 00:45:05

Just thought I would chip in and say the advert is lovely, and I'm not a horsey person. I do wish it wasn't advertising a bank, but the images used are beautiful.

feezap Mon 20-Jul-15 15:06:23

Just saw it, I am tears. it's just lovely, beautiful horses smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now