Returning to riding tomorrow

(7 Posts)
EnlightenedOwl Sat 29-Mar-14 20:36:57

I rode from seven to about nineteen. Rode to the level of cantering/ jumping/ riding in small shows etc.
I stopped as at nineteen was diagnosed with epilepsy and confidence went completely.
But the itch won't go away and at 40 have given in. I can't face going to a riding school and trotting in circles but the place I've booked at offers pony treks in small groups. I've asked to be treated as a novice rider but not a beginner as not sure how confident I'll feel or how much I'll remember.
I've done some bits of riding i.e. on hols etc but not for some years.
this is a huge step as there is a lot of emotional baggage mixed up in this but so glad I've been brave enough to take the plunge.

You will love it grin. You will ride with a big grin on your face and wonder why you didn't do it sooner. That's how I felt anyway. Good luck!

LizardBreath Sat 29-Mar-14 21:10:04

Ah-enjoy! It'll all come back as soon as you're in the saddle-you might be a but achey the day after though wink. Do come back and let us know how it goes!

Tomorrow I have lesson # 5 after a 5 year break. So worth it, you will get right back into it ( although the first couple of times my arse, my inner thighs and my knees were in bits afterwards).

Enjoy!

EnlightenedOwl Sat 29-Mar-14 21:41:01

Thanks all will let you know how it goes!

EnlightenedOwl Sun 30-Mar-14 21:09:00

No problem enjoyed the ride very much. Trotted but did not canter - didn't want to really quite happy to enjoy the pootle along and enjoy the lovely countryside on horseback!

LizardBreath Mon 31-Mar-14 10:20:28

Ah great news! Nothing quite like the feeling of being out on a horse is there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now