Can I ask you to look at advert for horse and tell me whether you'd run or if you'd be interested?

(65 Posts)
D0G Wed 26-Mar-14 22:53:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Oblique27 Wed 26-Mar-14 22:57:40

I like the ad but it makes me wonder why such a good boy is for sale? Although the 2 nd picture is nice, it doesn't help sell the horse, I would include a proper side on conformation pic....

KaFayOLay Wed 26-Mar-14 22:59:28

Yes, it reads okay but I would put a picture up of him without anybody on him so you can see his conformation. The picture with the kids on, cute as it is, makes him look dip backed, though I suspect he isn't!

What about schooling, jumping, does he do those?

He looks a sweety!

D0G Wed 26-Mar-14 23:02:41

elastamum Wed 26-Mar-14 23:08:15

I would want to know that he? Assuming it isn't a mare- doesn't say, is sound, good in traffic, easy to load and to shoe. also fidgets on ground says to me that he is going to be a pain. Would add what he has done, riding club, hunting etc, can he jump.

It helps if people can get a picture of what the horse is like before they come, so they don't waste your time. you may find 2k is a lot of money for a horse in the current climate, round our way you can't give them away as there are so many ex racehorses looking for homes

KaFayOLay Wed 26-Mar-14 23:09:47

As long as the reason isn't he shattered your ankle, then yes just a final sentence to say why selling. How is your leg?

He does sound like he's one of those worth his weight in gold, which always makes me wonder, why sell?

D0G Wed 26-Mar-14 23:13:41

D0G Wed 26-Mar-14 23:14:12

D0G Wed 26-Mar-14 23:14:48

D0G Wed 26-Mar-14 23:15:11

D0G Wed 26-Mar-14 23:15:41

NigellasDealer Wed 26-Mar-14 23:21:02

What a lovely horse -
but has he done anything like hunting, RC/PC?
because to be honest that price for a horse that has not really done anything is a bit steep.
also 'a bit fidgety on the ground' what does that mean?
(a friend had a horse like that and there was an underlying reason)

Oblique27 Wed 26-Mar-14 23:22:38

Yes, the jumping one is good, get a good side view (after a bath) this weekend, the pics will really help

D0G Wed 26-Mar-14 23:23:49

D0G Wed 26-Mar-14 23:25:15

5OBalesofHay Wed 26-Mar-14 23:26:27

Way overpriced in my view.

NigellasDealer Wed 26-Mar-14 23:27:27

yes take that bit out.
he looks like he could carry a bit of weight? if so maybe put that.
hunting is good to put in.
put about the tack as well, and 'genuine reason for sale'.

D0G Wed 26-Mar-14 23:30:41

Ehhn Wed 26-Mar-14 23:31:34

The dusty pic is a good model for a proper conformation picture with an alert head and showing his best stance. Try to do a clean version!

Agree with what the others say, plus say open to vet and wormed/vaccinated. Passport - is he a member of a society?

Keep the pic on the beach as it proves he goes there and stands nicely.

NigellasDealer Wed 26-Mar-14 23:32:26

love the pic of him jumping - he looks lovely and solid.

D0G Wed 26-Mar-14 23:35:11

Oh god he is gorgeous, exactly what I am looking for !

To be honest I think he is on the money. He is a good stamp of a cob, coloureds are very popular right now, he has hunted, can pop a jump and good in traffic - pretty much ticks most boxes for the majority
Maybe include that he is open to vetting ?

randomfemale Wed 26-Mar-14 23:38:18

He's beautiful - I love cobs and if I had the £ and the time to give I'd be interested. I used to have one on loan which so reminds me of your lovely boy smile

D0G Wed 26-Mar-14 23:38:45

Manchesterhistorygirl Wed 26-Mar-14 23:39:12

He is absolutely gorgeous, but I suspect overpriced. I don't know how it is down your way, but up here you'd not be getting much interest at that price right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now