Reins! What to buy?

(8 Posts)
RinkyTinkTen Sun 20-Apr-14 10:27:09

Oh dear Pixel, that would be terrible. wink

nicobean Fri 28-Mar-14 18:42:24

thanks all, will definitely check out the biogrip ones. I'm just getting back into riding after 8 years out of the saddle and love having my share to spoil!

backinthebox Thu 27-Mar-14 22:17:14

Jeffries Biogrip reins. They are fabulous.

Pixel Wed 26-Mar-14 17:41:02

I'm watching as I need some new reins too but if I get really posh ones they will show up my bridle and I'll need a new one of those too wink.

Stinkyminkymoo Wed 26-Mar-14 13:58:35

I love eventing reins though they're a bit pricey...

I bought mine at a 1 day event but I like them as they aren't too bulky, are flexible and grippy. They've lasted for years too. smile

goodasitgets Wed 26-Mar-14 00:02:54
cungryhow Tue 25-Mar-14 12:47:11

I have been spoilt with my bio grip reins, I got mine from mattymarlow on ebay and they are lovely quality but other brands are available. Much less weight and bulk than regular rubber reins.

nicobean Sun 23-Mar-14 07:08:18

My lovely share horse needs some new reins. The ones he has are safe but the rubber is spilt, so I'd like to get some new ones. His owner (he's a riding school horse) wants rubber grippy ones but no other preferences.

What are good brands? Are the more expensive ones worth it? Is second hand on eBay a good idea?

Thanks for any advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now