How much to charge for a share

(6 Posts)
cedmonds Sat 15-Mar-14 18:57:04

I have got 11h2 pony with i am looking for a sharer for. Someone wants to come and ride one day a week and look after her ie muck out etc and possibly more during the hols. Have not got a clue how much to charge.

goldie81 Sun 16-Mar-14 07:02:12

My dd shares a 12.2 pony - we go one eve when nothing for us to do & on at wknd where I put her other horses (3) to bed for her & we only pay £15 a wk. But most sharers here pay £10 or £15 a ride with bit of discount if doing twice wk or more.

SlowlorisIncognito Sun 16-Mar-14 15:23:35

For one day a week I wouldn't charge more than £10 a week, especially as you are asking for them to do chores etc. You can always up this if the share progresses to more days over the summer. With an 11h2 pony, the pool of sharers is fairly limited, so I don't think you should ask for too much and put people off. I assume she is sensible on the lead rein and as a first ridden?

It would be a good idea to get a proper agreement drawn up with the sharer, just in case anything goes wrong.

Good luck.

Soyoureallythinkso Sun 16-Mar-14 17:00:44

I pay £20 per day for my pony but she is kept at a yard with 5* facilities, excellent off road hacking, two schools etc and I don't have to do any yard duties

Fathertedfan Sun 16-Mar-14 19:56:35

Sharers here pay £10 per day.

Octopusinabunchofdaffodils Sat 22-Mar-14 08:33:41

£40 a week here, that's for riding three times a week, plus having to muck out one day at the weekend and then go up later to feed him and poo pick. They also put him out in the field and bring him in when needed, only at weekends though - he's full livery during the week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now