Ouch fell off for the first time in years

(4 Posts)
pipsy76 Thu 13-Mar-14 16:18:40

Just found out I don't bounce anymore! Came off over a jump yesterday and despite having my air jacket on it bloody hurt! Air jacket really winded me but I got back on a did another couple of jumps before my vision went all funny then I went to A&Econfused

I've got a bruised head and really sore neck but CT scan said all ok. My teenage friend at the yard fell off a couple of times the other day, brushed herself off then leaped back ongrin

My questions are, why don't I bounce anymore instead of ending up for 4 hours in hospital and how will I ever feel confident enough to jump again, I never enjoyed jumping anyway confused

issyocean Thu 13-Mar-14 17:46:50

I came off on Sunday, was cantering around a corner and my saddle disappeared over the side. Didn't hurt myself though although I coudn't get my right foot out I got my left foot out and sort of threw myself off (wrong side) landed on my left foot facing backwards and just sort of sat down.
I'd given the rein a good tug as I threw my leg over so had practically stoped by the time I landed.
That will teach me not to trust checking my girth to someone else!
However my 6yr old who was watching was very impressed that I got straight back on and didn't cry grin

Flexiblefriend Fri 14-Mar-14 11:40:36

Ouch! I hope you are not feeling too sore today. I have also discovered that I no longer bounce over the last couple of years. I remember falling off many times in my teens and twenties, jumping back up and carrying on without a thought. So far in my late thirties I've managed one concussion, and some very impressive black bruises in two separate falls.

I have to ask though, if you don't like jumping, do you have to keep doing it? Maybe its time to focus on something else?

pipsy76 Fri 14-Mar-14 12:48:31

Thanks flexiblefriend! Hope you aren't too sore still issy.

Yes I think I'll ive the jumping a miss for a while, I rode out like a scared OAP today and got off at one point when my horse was spooking then remounted.

Confidence is such a fragile thin ( and so is my body it seems!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now