Favourite Showjumper

(11 Posts)
issyocean Thu 13-Mar-14 17:53:22

I'm going to go right back and say Stroller. It was that little horse that ignited what turned out to be a life long passion smile

gailforce1 Wed 12-Mar-14 15:52:08

The one and only Boomerang with the best horseman that was Eddie Macken. He had the best hands. Those were the days!

Voerendaal Wed 12-Mar-14 14:00:10

Anglezarke was fabulous as was Ryan's Son. Shame I can't think of any modern day show jumpers. Oh and David Broomes Philco.

Yes yes yes to Penwood Forge Mill

And Boomerang a close second.

shows age

Plomino Sat 22-Feb-14 22:41:19

Ryan's Son .

Because he was so not what a typical show jumper should be , and yet he was amazing .

And Milton because he was just beautiful .

Butkin Fri 21-Feb-14 17:51:47

Yes everybody loved Anglezarke - even when he had his Towerlands prefix..

Does anybody remember Jeff McVean and Claret? Top horse in late 70s, no bigger than a pony and Jeff used to jump out of the saddle over every jump.

Littlegreyauditor Fri 21-Feb-14 12:46:13

Milton definitely and because he reminds me of Milton (in his jump, and something in his expression) Arko.

When I was very wee I was obsessed with Anglezarke. He was just such a big, sturdy, reliable horse. I liked him a lot.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Fri 21-Feb-14 09:16:22

Oh and Robin Hood. I saw Him and Ben Maher as well. I've never seen a horse with a jump like that. You'd think he could fly! smile

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Fri 21-Feb-14 09:13:52

I always liked Joe Whittaker's Desdamona. I saw them win at Towerlands a few years ago. She's small but really feisty!

Butkin Thu 20-Feb-14 13:53:20

Pennwood Forge Mill - I remember being allowed to come down stairs to watch him compete on TV when I was little.

Honourable 2nd to Boomerang...

I also remember loving Stroller and Ryans Son when I was tiny.

From the modern era I was always impressed by the consistency of Shutterfly at the top level.

gelati3 Wed 19-Feb-14 00:44:54

Who is your favour showjumper (horse)?

For me, Milton, with Sandro Boy a close second.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now