Favourite Showjumper

(11 Posts)
gelati3 Wed 19-Feb-14 00:44:54

Who is your favour showjumper (horse)?

For me, Milton, with Sandro Boy a close second.

Butkin Thu 20-Feb-14 13:53:20

Pennwood Forge Mill - I remember being allowed to come down stairs to watch him compete on TV when I was little.

Honourable 2nd to Boomerang...

I also remember loving Stroller and Ryans Son when I was tiny.

From the modern era I was always impressed by the consistency of Shutterfly at the top level.

I always liked Joe Whittaker's Desdamona. I saw them win at Towerlands a few years ago. She's small but really feisty!

Oh and Robin Hood. I saw Him and Ben Maher as well. I've never seen a horse with a jump like that. You'd think he could fly! smile

Milton definitely and because he reminds me of Milton (in his jump, and something in his expression) Arko.

When I was very wee I was obsessed with Anglezarke. He was just such a big, sturdy, reliable horse. I liked him a lot.

Butkin Fri 21-Feb-14 17:51:47

Yes everybody loved Anglezarke - even when he had his Towerlands prefix..

Does anybody remember Jeff McVean and Claret? Top horse in late 70s, no bigger than a pony and Jeff used to jump out of the saddle over every jump.

Plomino Sat 22-Feb-14 22:41:19

Ryan's Son .

Because he was so not what a typical show jumper should be , and yet he was amazing .

And Milton because he was just beautiful .

Yes yes yes to Penwood Forge Mill

And Boomerang a close second.

shows age

Voerendaal Wed 12-Mar-14 14:00:10

Anglezarke was fabulous as was Ryan's Son. Shame I can't think of any modern day show jumpers. Oh and David Broomes Philco.

gailforce1 Wed 12-Mar-14 15:52:08

The one and only Boomerang with the best horseman that was Eddie Macken. He had the best hands. Those were the days!

issyocean Thu 13-Mar-14 17:53:22

I'm going to go right back and say Stroller. It was that little horse that ignited what turned out to be a life long passion smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now