300-350g
Waterproof & breathable
Budget up to about £90

Has to be really decent quality !
Thx

Lovesswimming Mon 18-Nov-13 07:09:41

I'd go for an Amigo pony. I'm sure you. Can get what you're after in it

Lovesswimming Mon 18-Nov-13 07:16:08

Or the weatherbeeta Genero, I've not had problems with that make either.

Floralnomad Mon 18-Nov-13 13:35:04

Equestrian Clearance have a Mark Todd heavyweight pony turnout with a full neck for £72 , I've had some Todd rugs over the years and never had any bother with them.

We have amigo rugs, one lasted exactly one night before the surcingle dropped off, so I reserve judgement as the stable rug that we have is fab, as are the boots and various other bits of 'stuff' we have from this make.

Strangely, I have found Shires to be excellent, especially for the price. We have a L/W and M/W rug, they fit beautifully and have worn well so far. For £40/£50 a rug, I am pleased.

Lovesswimming Mon 18-Nov-13 22:48:14

Wonder if you had a faulty one needastrongone? I've always had them and the light weights are on their 3rd year and they doesn't go easy on their rugs and the ponies in 5' rugs have them or Rhino (still Horsewear)
Though shires have really improved and I have a weatherbeta I've had a few years as well. The Amigo light weights are the only ones I've had that have stood up to terrible rain storms.
I've had 2 mark Todd's and both fell apart and Derby House rugs, stayed very wet and fell apart too

Eviepeevy Tue 19-Nov-13 07:31:59

We always have the Mark Todd pony rugs as they seem to fit really well for ponies. They always last well too.

Yes, I hear/read such good reports about Amigo and I can see that they are good quality. He's not particularly a rug trasher though, so I must admit, it's made me a little hesitant to spend extra on getting that make again.

I did forget that Dpony has a fly rug by cottage craft which was worn all summer and, apart from being filthy, has no rips, wears or tears etc etc.

Lovesswimming Tue 19-Nov-13 08:05:09

Needastrongone, our cottage craft pony fly rug fell apart! Found pony with it tangled around her, thankfully she stood still. Used the sweet itch type ones since with no rips or problems (except when daughter didn't give her space coming through the gate and got it caught on the latch.... Duhhhh! Lol)

Butkin Tue 19-Nov-13 15:35:16

Love our Amigos - wouldn't use anything else at this time of year. We move up to Rambos when it gets cold.

cedmonds Tue 19-Nov-13 17:44:11

Premier Equine are fantastic rugs and even our rug trasher hasn't managed to trashed them yet.

Tillyboo Tue 19-Nov-13 22:41:44

Mark Todd Pony Heavyweight Combo Rug - 5ft 3' neck cover too long & the 5ft exposed his bum, not enough coverage. The search continues !

Floralnomad Wed 20-Nov-13 10:05:09

That's always the problem with ponies ,they're such odd shapes and sizes .What sort of pony is it ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now