AP McCoy wins his 4,000th race

(4 Posts)
Butkin Thu 07-Nov-13 16:18:19

AP won the 3.10 at Towcester on Mountain Tunes - fittingly for Jonjo O'Neill and JP McManus, his greatest supporters. It was his 4,000th winner and done in typical AP style - mistake and looked beaten 2 out, ran on to the last but still looked held, hard ridden to get up on the line.

I've followed racing for 40+ years and he has to be the greatest jockey of this or any other era. A credit to his family and profession.

Floralnomad Thu 07-Nov-13 17:07:24

I listened to his win on the radio ,a fantastic achievement and by all accounts a very nice bloke . Sheila Fogarty on 5 live told a lovely story about him today on her show .

He's the most incredible jockey - I've read both his books and am just amazed at the determination and dedication he's put into it, and how grounded and nice he seems with it. Long may he continue......

bluebayou Fri 08-Nov-13 14:12:36

I agree , long may he continue to win . Especially when you have had a nice little wager on him . wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now