Oh no, I've got the horsey bug again!

(30 Posts)
PerfectlyChaotic Mon 02-Sep-13 21:25:29

So last weekend I had a lesson at a local riding school for the first time in oooo, about 10 yrs +. Was totally pony mad as a child/teenager, used to one-day-event, showjump, pony club etc most weekends on my own slightly bonkers horse until I very sadly lost him sad sad

Now I fear I might have become addicted again and I'm already feeling frustrated about not being able to ride, look after and connect with my OWN horse any time soon!

Will I get my fix with weekly lessons? Am I stupid to ever consider re-starting again after all this time? I'm currently v sore and feeling a bit nervous but lovely instructor was complimentary and thinks I just need time in the saddle to get back to where I was...Oh how frustrating!!

PerfectlyChaotic Wed 11-Sep-13 21:41:54

Amazing, lucky you! Sounds as though it's going well?

I'm back on a pony! I've had a couple of lessons and really regretting giving up all those years ago... Also slightly frustrated as I don't really know what I want to be working towards. Riding for enjoyment, obviously, but I sort of want an aim!!

Incapinka Wed 11-Sep-13 21:51:27

It will all become clear if you give it time and see where it takes you. I took ages to get back in to it and it has now all fallen into place. Loving owning a horse again and very lucky that he is a bit like a big dog. I had a sleepover last night with my DS at my parents and the horse came too. He was a dude and didn't bat an eyelid.

Keep riding and keep your ears open for any opportunities and see where they take you. If it doesn't work out the first time, take a deep breath and start again and you will find what you want... Horses have a way of finding people...!

PerfectlyChaotic Thu 12-Sep-13 13:04:52

He sounds wonderful! My TB was very much like that...was very attached to me (although not too keen on anyone else, which was slightly problematic :0)

Does your DS ride yet? My youngest DS (3) seems quite interested!

QuietTiger Sun 15-Sep-13 17:47:18

Perfectlychaotic - if you're in South Wales and the riding school you used does a "loan scheme", I'm guessing you went to Leige Manor? I'm only 10 minutes from there if it was.

If you want to get your hand back in, you are welcome here to ride some of my miss-fits and "donkeys" - An elderly Lusitano, a gypsy cob and a Welsh Section D.

PerfectlyChaotic Mon 16-Sep-13 16:21:38

Ha ha...have only been a couple of times but seems quite nice?? Not sure how it works but do pm if you'd prefer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now