Just spotted my dream horse... Why, oh why, can't I be I a position to have another horse?

(5 Posts)

Yes I did wonder why he was wearing those shoes - aren't they usually used for horses with laminitis or navicular? There's no mention of any problems in the read up.

I know he's probably a complete nightmare (I did have a little chuckle at the bit that said he goes into Spanish walk when stressed as I imagined him stressing when out hacking and Spanish walking his way through the village!) but he's gorgeous! I can't have him anyway, but I can dream!

CairngormsClydesdale Fri 06-Sep-13 17:48:08

Voice of Reason:-

He sure is purdy, BUT:-

1) Reading between the lines, he sees a Fiat 500 and doesn't stop until he reaches the next county
2) Egg-bar shoes at just aged 8? sad That's a crying shame the damage they're doing to him.
3) That girl has a lovely seat and looks like she has light, responsive hands. This looks (to me) like a horse that needs to be ridden with absolute precision and confidence each and every single time you ride.

Sadly I've just been made redundant from my main job so I'm managing on 16 hours a week from my others at the minute, and unless I find something else before my redundancy money runs out, I'm stuffed sad It's just not the right time to take on a horse at the minute. I miss my horse so much (had to let her go when I got divorced) and I've been hankering after another for a while. Quarrel is just bloody perfect and I can't have him lol

Mirage Sat 31-Aug-13 09:01:57

He looks lovely and I bet he'd be so rewarding to work with.Have you done a budget sheet to be sure you can't afford it? We have 2 and to afford it I have cut back on absolutely everything I can.Otherwise it might be worth contacting them and explaining your situation because a horse that isn't straightforward may be up for rehoming for a long while and in the mean time your financial situation might improve.Good luck.

Look at Quarrell

Not the Shetland, the Palomino at the bottom! I'd kill for a horse like that, always coveted a Palomino, and he's exactly the type of horse I'm having when I can afford to get another. I'm just not financially sound enough at the minute to afford it. Which is a huge shame as the yard opposite my house has a space, is £25 a week including hay and straw, and I live in some of the most amazing hacking countryside... sigh

It's. Not. Fair. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now