We have milk!!!

(77 Posts)

Just squidged the mares boobies & out came milk...

Foal in the morning you think?

Eeeeeeek excited!!

Oh No! sad

Shame.

WouldBeHarrietVane Tue 11-Jun-13 19:21:36

Glad all ok choc!

Sorry about the outing, though sad

&E:verything was fine, mum & foal are fine, shan't be posting anymore as got outed & things I've said have upset people xx

Hoping everything went okay.

WouldBeHarrietVane Mon 10-Jun-13 20:30:31

sad

pandaptogether Mon 10-Jun-13 14:13:30

what happened? hope they were both ok

mrslaughan Tue 04-Jun-13 20:24:21

I am starting to get worried......

WouldBeHarrietVane Tue 04-Jun-13 17:24:55

We want foal
We want foal

grin

mrslaughan Tue 04-Jun-13 17:23:45

Anything?

mrslaughan Tue 04-Jun-13 17:23:40

Anything?

WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 02-Jun-13 10:20:57

Text not tech

WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 02-Jun-13 10:20:45

The suspense is killing me smile

We are like those arses friends that constantly tech when you are overdue saying 'any news?'

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 02-Jun-13 10:04:02

????

GoSuckEggs Fri 31-May-13 22:09:03

ohh exciting!

WouldBeHarrietVane Fri 31-May-13 21:50:07

? smile hoping for foal pics!!

Any news?

Day 11 of being waxed - still no foal.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Wed 29-May-13 23:12:36

The TBs are worth too much money to let them foal unaided. I've known a small handful go in the day, but 99% foal at night in the stable. They get plenty of turnout, at least 6 hours a day and once the foals are about 4 months old, they all live out 24 hours a day until the autumn.

The TB studs are big operations, the first stud I worked on foaled about 100 mares per year and the second about 250, though they were divided up into different sections to prevent disease outbreaks. My part of the stud foaled about 40 that year.

Yeah I agree they're better off foaling out. Unfortunatly girly doesn't seem very settled in her paddock & wants to be in, so kind of letting her make the choice, trust her to be a pain in the watsit!

Think my little wild section a went to a stud from the sales, but they couldn't tame her so muggins here ended up with the pretty little pony no one could get near. Funny enough she's actually a really sweet little mare now. Despite trying to.murder me on the way in from the field today.

I worked on a Sec A stud. They all foal out, and its very laid back. They are observed regularly, and the groom can tell just by looking who is going to drop next. Bizarrely enough, a lot of them foaled in daylight hours! confused I couldn't cope with the constant box watching. It just seems unnatural to me!

Impatient doesn't cut it!!!! Bouncing on the spot & sleeing with mobile by my pillow! Farmer doing the midnight check - then I'll be up at 5 to check on her.

WouldBeHarrietVane Wed 29-May-13 22:10:50

Delurking to say come on foal smile

Yeah I think alot of studs are like that.

I work on a hunt yard so foaling isn't something we come across.

<impatient>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now