So what's wrong with your horse?

(29 Posts)
newfavouritething Mon 20-May-13 09:59:57

On countryfile last night, the Blue Cross stated that 'three quarters of all horses have something wrong with them'. So come on, 'fess up, what's wrong? Mine has a small curb and had a sarcoid last year, but I would class him as sound and healthy, 75% sounds very high.

burberryqueen Wed 22-May-13 23:02:23

stomach ulcers and crib-biting.......section C ex-show pony....

Can only think of 3 on our yard of 16 that don't have 'something wrong'

Mostly minor things, we have 1 with sweet itch, 2 with cushings, 2 with copd, 3 with old leg injuries, 2 with box feet, 2 with dodgy teeth, 3 with general stiffness, 1 locking stiffle & a few other bits & bobs!

elastamum Thu 23-May-13 14:11:35

My big girl had tendon surgery last yr, but fingers crossed is now sound.

Am also about to acquire a beautiful 8yr old ex HOYS champion hack that nobody wants because she has a splint and also needs a small op. She was going to be put down, sad so is coming to me for free and should make a fab dressage horse, as she moves like a fairy smile

As for me. I have so many things wrong with me I dont know where to start grin

Ehhn Tue 28-May-13 19:26:48

Mine has wobblers (stage 3) and will be put down at the end of the summer aged 6 having only done one event last year. Beautifully bred, mega talented (used to school over 1.30m) and kind, affectionate personality but deteriorating quickly now. Very sad to watch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now