Disgusted at this 'Master Saddler'!

(5 Posts)
SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sat 18-May-13 11:08:59

We are in East Anglia. It's my friends situation, and she is very shy, so I don't think she will complain, but I definitely won't be suggesting anyone use this person!

Callisto Sat 18-May-13 08:09:15

There is an awful one in the Gloucestershire area - could be the same one? How come your friend was so easily hoodwinked?

TataClaire Fri 17-May-13 23:50:01

That's awful! what area was this in? Are you going to complain?

Littlebigbum Sat 11-May-13 21:33:25

that is terrible

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sat 11-May-13 21:10:35

My friend has just has her 2 horses seen by a 'Master Saddle fitter'. The person arrived with just 4 saddles. Friend ended up with one of these saddles. Far too wide, when she sits on it, (which she didn't do when the saddler was present), it drops so much you can barely get a flat hand into the gullet. It has those modern, sticky outy pads under the cantle, and these stick into his back. After it came off of him, he had a large sweaty patch, just where they touch. Press on the front and the back rides up, press on the back the front rides up! It slips from side to side. £400+!
The other kept his original saddle. It's given him hollows behind his shoulders into which the saddle drops. The bottom of the flaps point straight out. When you look down the gullet, there is daylight coming in from the middle of the saddle at the sides. It's fine apparently, just stick a Numed numnah under it!
I'm not a saddler. But it is absolutely clear that neither of these saddles even remotely fit either of them. I am thoroughly disgusted that someone who classes themselves as a Master would so this! And charge a call out too! Thankfully, the saddle was on trial so it wasn't paid for and can be returned!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now