Lice!

(28 Posts)
Callisto Thu 25-Apr-13 11:24:06

So the boys have got lice. I've wondered for a couple of weeks and been checking their coats, and then this morning I finally found one of the little buggers in the Section A's forelock. The Sheltie has such a dense coat I haven't found any on him, but he undoubtedly has them two.

So, Tack Room Gurus, what treatment would you recommend? The powders don't work any more, and I have been looking at Switch, but it appears to only treat sweet itch, although on a vet site, it was recommended as it contains permethrin. I have also heard that there is a cattle spot on that is really effective and that pour-ons burn the skin of horses and shouldn't be used.

Arrrgggg, it's all too confusing for my pea-brain to understand.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 19-May-13 21:37:49

It doesn't have a holding number. It's just a pair of paddocks attached to a house. And I'm we'll know as a horse owner in the only local supplier of cattle treatments, they know I don't have livestock.

OrlaKiely Mon 20-May-13 08:02:24

<faints>

I think that's quite enough enlightenment for the time being grin

it is fascinating though

Callisto Mon 20-May-13 12:00:37

Thanks Burberry, he isn't showing any signs yet and there are midges around. I'm hoping it was a one off combination of bad management at his loan home and being situated in a valley during a very wet year - no wind to blow the midges away. If he does start to show signs I shall give it a go though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now