IT'S CHELTENHAM

(32 Posts)

Inspection passed and so were under starters orders!!
A horse I'm crossing everything for today:

Fruity O Rooney

Let's say thanks to the boys and girls of racing for being out in the cold at all hours to provide a excellent festival: may all your horses return home safe!

It certainly leaves a big shadow over things, I hope to god he can get through this. An acquaintance is currently in HDU after being kicked in the head last month having spent 3 weeks in critical care - it was touch and go for a while, and although he's improving there are no promises as to the final outcome. It really brings home to you how precious life is.

I wish him all the best, and hope the doctors can keep him comfortable and stable.

carabos Thu 14-Mar-13 22:17:10

McNamara has a broken neck -C3 and 4. He's lucky to be alive. Hope he stays that way, all good wishes to him.

DENMAN03 Thu 14-Mar-13 20:28:46

Oops, didn't read last page.. Still, my thoughts are with him for a speedy recovery

DENMAN03 Thu 14-Mar-13 20:27:50

Fingers crossed for JT McNamara.. Had a nasty fall in the last and was airlifted off the course. Currently in an induced coma with head injuries sad

My thoughts are with him and his family xxx

gailforce1 Thu 14-Mar-13 19:36:16

My thoughts are with JT McNamara tonight - had a terrible fall and has been airlifted to hospital in an induced coma.

Thank you she's better.
Today I'm backing Captin Conan all the way grin in the first

Ledkr Spain Thu 14-Mar-13 09:13:01

I'm going today and tomorrow. Any good tips? I lost day yesterday.

What a fab race that Champion Chase was - I was in the car and screaming and shouting in a traffic jam!

What I find amazing is that SS's dam is Selle Francais, so he's not even a full thoroughbred. I think they were talking about Punchestown with him rather than Aintree, but who knows. It must be such a responsibility.

All set for today - doing some housework and have the ironing lined up to justify watching TV all afternoon! I would dearly love AP to have a winner, it seems strange that the champion jockey has so few big race rides.

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 21:43:08

Hope your dd is better now?x

Sorry I had a poorly dd and missed all the end smile

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:53:33

Anyone backed one in the Coral cup?

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:52:14

Think they will be doing the right thing to send him on his holidays now. Too many horses go onto Aintree and its often not a happy outcome.

Butkin Wed 13-Mar-13 15:47:45

There was a lovely profile pic - over 2 pages - in last Thursday's Horse and Hound. He is magnificent and seemingly unbeatable (given that Sizing Europe was a proper challenger). He is odds on to win the next two Champion Chases!

He really is beautiful grin

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:29:12

Just seen a slomo of him jumping and the chest on him!

I think so smile

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:26:56

But have we just seen the next superstar?

Some horse that. Effortless.
Can't help thinking its not the same, Cheltenham, without Kauto even though it was best to retire him

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:23:41

OMG Race on now

superfluouscurves Wed 13-Mar-13 15:23:36

Go Ruby!!!

Me!! I'm going for the Tom George horse though smile

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:13:02

Big race coming up - anyone else watching?

Wonder is she will go for a sixth grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now