IT'S CHELTENHAM

(32 Posts)

Inspection passed and so were under starters orders!!
A horse I'm crossing everything for today:

Fruity O Rooney

Let's say thanks to the boys and girls of racing for being out in the cold at all hours to provide a excellent festival: may all your horses return home safe!

gailforce1 Thu 14-Mar-13 19:36:16

My thoughts are with JT McNamara tonight - had a terrible fall and has been airlifted to hospital in an induced coma.

My thoughts are with him and his family xxx

DENMAN03 Thu 14-Mar-13 20:27:50

Fingers crossed for JT McNamara.. Had a nasty fall in the last and was airlifted off the course. Currently in an induced coma with head injuries sad

DENMAN03 Thu 14-Mar-13 20:28:46

Oops, didn't read last page.. Still, my thoughts are with him for a speedy recovery

carabos Thu 14-Mar-13 22:17:10

McNamara has a broken neck -C3 and 4. He's lucky to be alive. Hope he stays that way, all good wishes to him.

I wish him all the best, and hope the doctors can keep him comfortable and stable.

It certainly leaves a big shadow over things, I hope to god he can get through this. An acquaintance is currently in HDU after being kicked in the head last month having spent 3 weeks in critical care - it was touch and go for a while, and although he's improving there are no promises as to the final outcome. It really brings home to you how precious life is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now