IT'S CHELTENHAM

(32 Posts)

Inspection passed and so were under starters orders!!
A horse I'm crossing everything for today:

Fruity O Rooney

Let's say thanks to the boys and girls of racing for being out in the cold at all hours to provide a excellent festival: may all your horses return home safe!

gailforce1 Tue 12-Mar-13 16:01:56

Amen to all horses coming home safe!
Can't wait for Sprinter Sacre!

I hope rock on ruby wins grin

gailforce1 Tue 12-Mar-13 16:09:24

Great training performance to get Hurricane Fly back, brilliant finish.

Butkin Tue 12-Mar-13 16:36:22

Ruby and Barry on top form - love the pictures of Simonsig jumping.

Well done to everybody at the course for getting racing on and clever planning to shelve the X Country race until later in the week rather than having a gap before the mighty Quevega struts her stuff.

That was some ride by Ruby grin

Butkin Tue 12-Mar-13 17:33:29

I presume you're talking about Quevega - it was amazing. I shouted she's down when she clipped heels at the top of the hill and Ruby's head bobbed down. Just so pleased that she won her 5th - what a mare!

Wonder is she will go for a sixth grin

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:13:02

Big race coming up - anyone else watching?

Me!! I'm going for the Tom George horse though smile

superfluouscurves Wed 13-Mar-13 15:23:36

Go Ruby!!!

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:23:41

OMG Race on now

Some horse that. Effortless.
Can't help thinking its not the same, Cheltenham, without Kauto even though it was best to retire him

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:26:56

But have we just seen the next superstar?

I think so smile

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:29:12

Just seen a slomo of him jumping and the chest on him!

He really is beautiful grin

Butkin Wed 13-Mar-13 15:47:45

There was a lovely profile pic - over 2 pages - in last Thursday's Horse and Hound. He is magnificent and seemingly unbeatable (given that Sizing Europe was a proper challenger). He is odds on to win the next two Champion Chases!

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:52:14

Think they will be doing the right thing to send him on his holidays now. Too many horses go onto Aintree and its often not a happy outcome.

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 15:53:33

Anyone backed one in the Coral cup?

Sorry I had a poorly dd and missed all the end smile

gailforce1 Wed 13-Mar-13 21:43:08

Hope your dd is better now?x

What a fab race that Champion Chase was - I was in the car and screaming and shouting in a traffic jam!

What I find amazing is that SS's dam is Selle Francais, so he's not even a full thoroughbred. I think they were talking about Punchestown with him rather than Aintree, but who knows. It must be such a responsibility.

All set for today - doing some housework and have the ironing lined up to justify watching TV all afternoon! I would dearly love AP to have a winner, it seems strange that the champion jockey has so few big race rides.

Ledkr Thu 14-Mar-13 09:13:01

I'm going today and tomorrow. Any good tips? I lost day yesterday.

Thank you she's better.
Today I'm backing Captin Conan all the way grin in the first

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now