"Interesting&qu ot; sales technique

(63 Posts)
superfluouscurves Fri 08-Mar-13 11:56:57
50BalesOfHay Mon 11-Mar-13 09:40:40

My sh has a Belgian draft, she's lovely and ideal for him as a novice, but she does know her own strength so we do have to be very firm with her. Pics on my profile for Belgian fans.

50BalesOfHay Mon 11-Mar-13 09:53:52

Nell the draft is the cheapest of ours to feed, she does indeed live off fresh air. Her saddle is truly awesome though, and you can't tell from the photos but even extra full headcollar etc are only just big enough. She's massive but devoted to dh, and vice versa.

Littlebigbum Mon 11-Mar-13 10:41:28

ohhhh 50 Love her, love them all

superfluouscurves Mon 11-Mar-13 17:18:46

Aw, Megan is gorgeous (and Big Nell!) 50Bales

Gingerfox123 Thu 09-May-13 16:11:25

Hi, I hope all the people on here talking about Kelly's cobs got to see watchdog last night. If you didn't please google it, they are rogue traders. Selling lame older horses as younger healthy horses. Please don't buy one of these horses before you have seen watchdog.

gallopingfoxly Thu 09-May-13 18:24:14

I think that they have had a lot of backlash for ultimately not covering themselves by getting the horses vet checked before point of sale. However they do what most people selling horses fail to do and that is offer a full refund after a 14 day trial if horse is unsuitable. I know dealers in Essex who sell horses and refuse to buy them back even when a horse is dangerous. That is more disgusting than what has happened here. Many horses are misrepresented when selling privately and most have hidden injuries undisclosed when sold with no recourse for the buyer. And for what it's worth i thought Watchdog presented a very poor and childish case, they gave no oppourtunity for the dealer to offer a refund. I would imagine kellys have a good case for libel against the BBC

Agreed. The bbc didn't follow watchdog protocol at all. Just took the piss and left themselves wide open.

superfluouscurves Fri 10-May-13 12:55:37

Can someone please send link to Kelly Cob Watchdog prog .. can't seem to find it - thanks!

superfluouscurves Fri 10-May-13 13:45:31

sorry - just found article and response on BBC Website

Can't say I am surprised

lovebeansontoast Sat 11-May-13 19:24:23

Interesting comment on a thread on the H and H forum. David of Kelly's cobs is answering questions. If you're going to have a look, start at page 15 otherwise there's a lot to wade through.

Littlebigbum Sat 11-May-13 22:50:32

Well I was impressed by the answer, still wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him but it was what has been said on here.
I thought more peeps would have come forward with there experience, as yet nothing new.
And I do like the grey, oh and not sure if I should share this.

Before they open the lorry, for the part ex. I shouted with a tear in my eye, no don't NO. Yes I very sad.

superfluouscurves Thu 16-May-13 11:34:48

grin LittleBigBum

had exactly the same reaction as you to his response.

Littlebigbum Fri 17-May-13 17:59:32

Just been on the site, and banned click. I had to read it 'death threats' really. oh well.
My advice is vetting and if you are looking for the forever horse don't bond with it till you have had it year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now