"Interesting" sales technique

(63 Posts)
superfluouscurves Fri 08-Mar-13 11:56:57
Lovesswimming Fri 08-Mar-13 20:08:08

heee heeeeee

Nobs r us

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Fri 08-Mar-13 20:24:01

That is one GORGEOUS horse! I dont care about the advert. I couldnt afford it anyway, but WOW. just wow! I would give my eye teeth to own a horse like that! <<wistful>>
I adore heavies, I used to work with Suffolks. One day, Im going to own a heavy horse.

Pixel Fri 08-Mar-13 20:25:12

Ooh don't want to start mentioning names but I might have watched a video dated 6th March go to 3 mins if you can't stand to listen to rest.

Littlebigbum, I've got a pony pad with a handle, do you think that would do? I've got a dodgy hip, I think I'd have to ride it sidesaddle. It would be like that Thelwell cartoon with the old farmer playing cards on the horse's rump!

Pixel Fri 08-Mar-13 20:26:10

Saggy, I couldn't even afford its shoes grin.

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Fri 08-Mar-13 20:28:10

A Barefoot Cheyenne would fit that.
I love the way the rider has long legs and the horse has loads of room for leg, but she still rides it with jumping length stirrups!
Truly, I am in love! sad

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Fri 08-Mar-13 20:28:44

I wouldnt shoe it. grin

Pixel Fri 08-Mar-13 20:29:59

If I win the Euromillions tonight I'll buy it for you <generous>. It will be up to you to feed it though <not all that generous after all>.

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Fri 08-Mar-13 20:31:11

Ill hold you to that! I dont care. Ill sell the kids to buy hay! grin

Pixel Fri 08-Mar-13 20:32:42

grin

Pixel Fri 08-Mar-13 20:37:15

I'm having some sympathy with the girl's short stirrups. I never have mine short as I haven't jumped for years and I've spent all this time cultivating my deeper seat/longer stirrups etc. BUT this week I got on dhorse for the first time in months and first time I've tried to do anything using his new wider saddle and crikey! Am hoping it's because I'm not fit because he felt so incredibly wide I didn't seem to be able to do anything with my legs. I'm thinking I might have to shorten my stirrups to avoid walking like John Wayne for the rest of my life wink.

Littlebigbum Fri 08-Mar-13 20:42:37

I love riding side saddle, just get one off ebay then find a horse to match. Honestly Saggy I think they just live off fresh air.

The 'girl' in the picture is kelly herself

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Fri 08-Mar-13 20:50:34

Actually though, you say about her being wide, but Affrick, my friends highland is built just like that in 14hh. He is totally square, but, his saddle is remarkably narrow! I dont feel stretched at all on him. I suppose it has to do with having a big neck and withers, which brings the saddle up a bit. The rider in the first picture doesnt look like her legs are stretched to their full extent.

superfluouscurves Fri 08-Mar-13 22:13:37

I adore heavies too Saggy [sigh]

Just wish I could find an honest 'd'!

Kormachameleon Fri 08-Mar-13 22:25:59

I've just seen a vid of that girl and she is the most appalling rider

I wouldn't buy a horse she had ridden it would have blooming back problems and a mouth a tank couldn't stop

But I am in love with
him

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Fri 08-Mar-13 22:42:15

CRIKEY! Her rising trot!!! shock I know that is quite a forward cut saddle which doesn't help, but she is bad! She has no centre line!

Pixel Fri 08-Mar-13 22:47:12

Oh Korma, he's just like a giant exmoor <swoon>. Mind you, he's only 2" taller than dhorse but looks a lot bigger, must be all the hair!
See what you mean about the video, pretty grim. She even has the obligatory small dog getting in the way.

Kormachameleon Fri 08-Mar-13 22:55:51

She is pulling on his mouth so much poor guy. Did you see the bit where she basically just yanks his head round ? And don't get me started on her canter

I wish I had the money to buy him. I'm in love

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Fri 08-Mar-13 22:55:58

She rides like dd when she was 10!

Littlebigbum Fri 08-Mar-13 23:26:34

You are all wicked my fav is http://kellyshorses.co.uk/m/store/view/Another-Coldblood but I will have to change the name.

Callisto Sat 09-Mar-13 09:09:05

OMG that canter is horrible (and I'm not talking about the poor horse either).

dikkertjedap Sat 09-Mar-13 23:39:16

Personally I wouldn't like to ride a cart horse, but then again each to their own.

Little how old is the horse in your link - eyes seem so sunken.

superfluouscurves Sun 10-Mar-13 09:30:29

I would love to own a cart horse (to ride and drive) but boy does she need to lengthen her stirrups and centre herself down and low in the saddle (shouldn't really criticise anyone else's riding technique though - being old and wobbly and out of practice myself!)

Yes Dikkertjedap eyes seem small and don't seem to match rest of it. Love him though - he's like a big woolly bear Littlebigbum

Littlebigbum Sun 10-Mar-13 10:29:39

true just looked back either a very bad photo or???? We should be more cross that these heavy s are now in fashion. Just as well I would never have time in the weekend to drive 3 hrs to see them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now