I'd really appreciate some lovely finger crossing vibes (nothing alarming)

(22 Posts)
D0G Wed 20-Feb-13 19:03:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pixel Wed 20-Feb-13 19:17:47

I'll wish you luck smile (don't think I can keep everything crossed until other people have tried him!). He sounds lovely.

Mirage Wed 20-Feb-13 19:22:19

Keeping everything crossed here too.When will the owner be making a decision?

Littlebigbum Wed 20-Feb-13 19:51:10

Brill fingers are crossed

D0G Wed 20-Feb-13 19:55:29

Will be keeping everything crossed for you x

Mitchy1nge Wed 20-Feb-13 21:00:03

oooh exciting, he sounds lovely! Will send positive vibes as historically incapable of keeping anything crossed for long

D0G Wed 20-Feb-13 21:11:08

Zazzles007 Thu 21-Feb-13 00:53:18

Good luck with the prospective horse D0G, keep us posted as to how it turns out smile.

D0G Thu 21-Feb-13 11:44:47

Mirage Thu 21-Feb-13 13:20:57

But riding is only a small part of owning a horse.I'd sooner a pony of mine went to someone who genuinely seemed to love them and had the right attitude than a super duper rider.

If it makes you feel better,we took on a lovely loan pony about 2 weeks ago.Until recently we kept our ponies at a private yard that we rented,lovely stables,spotlessly clean,good school ect.For various reasons,we have had to move them to my dad's farm,which is very much a working farm,dogs,cats,livestock,scrap metal,woodpile,tractors ect.We have no stables or school,just a paddock.I was dreading her site visit as I thought that it wouldn't be good enough and we'd be turned down due to lack of facilities ect.But she said it was exactly what she wanted for her pony,a farm home where he can be a proper pony and get used to all sorts of livestock and machinery.People will overlook a lot if they think you are the right person.smile

D0G Thu 21-Feb-13 18:10:53

Grunzlewheek Thu 21-Feb-13 18:20:10

Fingers crossed !

N0tinmylife Thu 21-Feb-13 20:50:12

Fingers crossed here too! I really hope you get him!

Mirage Thu 21-Feb-13 21:02:24

That sounds really good!He wouldn't have done that if he hadn't thought you were a serious contender.A lot rests on whether you and the owner gel well and it sounds like you did.smile

Zazzles007 Fri 22-Feb-13 01:34:42

That does sound promising D0G, fingers and toes crossed for you. And no I echo others that say he wouldn't have invited you in for a cuppa and a picture showing if he didn't 'like' you smile.

N0tinmylife Sun 24-Feb-13 17:03:34

Have you heard anything yet? Fingers still crossed, but they are starting to go purple, can I uncross them yet? grin

Mirage Sun 24-Feb-13 17:06:36

checking in.smile

Eagerly anticipating good news....

Eagerly anticipating good news....

lastsaloonNelson Sun 24-Feb-13 18:21:40

Any news yet D0G? <uncrosses eyes temporarily to write comment confused >

Plomino Sun 24-Feb-13 21:33:23

Oh good luck! I have just taken on a new boy in very similar circumstances who I think is going to be a real find . I hope you're as lucky as I think I've been . Riding isn't everything , and that's the easiest thing to improve anyway . And who's to say the other two wont be as nervous ?

Let us know !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now