Slightly embarrassing post...

(45 Posts)
D0G Wed 06-Feb-13 18:34:59

Sometimes when I ride, not always I get quite sore and grazed, down there. This has only been since having dc blush.

Does anyone else get this? Any suggestions for padded type knickers? D horse one is a warm blood and has quite high withers whereas d horse two is cobby type and it doesn't happen on him at all. I had a lesson today and am so sore.

Pixel Wed 06-Feb-13 19:07:29

Like these?
I have had some jods in the past where the seam could have been more comfortably placed, but you say you are ok on your other horse when I assume you wear the same jods so it can't be that.
It's a strange thing, but though I've never actually ended up sore, whenever I ride sis's pony I get a pins and needles feeling 'down there' when I get off. I've never had it on any other horse/pony and she has the same make of saddle as me so it's a mystery!

Principality Wed 06-Feb-13 19:43:56

I currently have chuff chafe op so I feel your pain!

It is much worse since we took on new loan pony. It's the pommel of his saddle that is rubbing me. sad I think ill be getting a seat saver asap. The gel ones are meant to be good.

Lovesswimming Wed 06-Feb-13 19:45:24

are your stirrups the same length for each (sounds daft but can happen if you feel comfortable in a different riding postion leg wise for each type)
are the saddles the same make? this could have a bearing (though didnt for Pixel) and are they your horses? if so how about a gel cover or sheepskin cover for your saddle?
if you dont like those then maybe look at cyclists underwear? they must have something for the problem lol!
I've been sore from wearing the wrong knickers! very annoying and painful and I think I wasnt very good at the art of pulling out a wedgy whilst riding!!

PincessLuna Wed 06-Feb-13 20:09:29

I get sore too
I thought it was because I am a novice and was sitting on the horse wrong.....

D0G Wed 06-Feb-13 20:12:22

Yes pixel they look like they may work. It could also be the seam on my jods, it's right in the wrong place. It is worse with certain knickers. Lace = torture. The saddles are totally different, wb has a jumping saddle with quite a high narrow pommel whereas cob has a wider softer one. A sheep skiin saddle saver may well work but reluctant to spend out £££ in case it doesn't.

D0G Wed 06-Feb-13 20:12:59

Stirrups are deffo same length.

Mitchy1nge Wed 06-Feb-13 20:14:18

have only really had a problem when riding a lot in one day wearing wet jeans (in rain) and thong, so can advise against that

Look on Ebay. Seat savers arent dear, you just might not end up with real sheepskin.

Mitchy1nge Wed 06-Feb-13 20:16:29

the pony bruises my bum though

Lovesswimming Wed 06-Feb-13 20:16:32

do you know anyone who has one you could borrow? I would happily loan mine out to some one I knew for a hack out to see if it worked (sheepskin)
I just love mine anyway especially when its chilly out smile

D0G Wed 06-Feb-13 20:19:22

The joys of horses eh grin

Am quite tempted by a seat saver anyway they look so comfy! I know of someone with a small company who seems to sell real sheepskin ones cheaper than shops so could be worth a go.

I think my arse is currently too fat to be bruised by riding.

Mitchy1nge Wed 06-Feb-13 20:22:43

well mine too really but somehow his (very old barnsby) saddle pushes the fat out of the way and digs into my seat bones

maybe will invest in seat saver too

Ponks Wed 06-Feb-13 21:28:46

I've had this problem before and ended up bloody and sore at times, despite having a very well upholstered behind! The saddle can be a major factor as can spending too much time in sitting trot especially if slightly perched. One thing I found helped slightly was wearing tights under my jods, perhaps then my pants couldn't move around and chafe so much?

50BalesOfHay Thu 07-Feb-13 13:13:20

I have my special big riding pants as anything with lace gives me a DIY brazillian. I used to get sore when I was nervous, but now I'm relaxed I'm sitting deeper which seems to prevent it

horseylady Thu 07-Feb-13 14:30:17

I had that problem in my old saddle. I got a different saddle and no problem. Never happened with my pony so started using my dressage saddle more with my gorse rather than my gp and it never happened. As soon as I went in my gp it was horrid.

Mitchy1nge Thu 07-Feb-13 14:35:51

with your gorse? No wonder

mrslaughan Thu 07-Feb-13 16:49:24

PMSL mitchy.......

horseylady Thu 07-Feb-13 19:27:19

Lol!! Sorry smile

horseylady Thu 07-Feb-13 20:50:39

In fact very sorry!! My entire post made no sense!! Basically I had a crap saddle.

VicarInaTutu Fri 08-Feb-13 22:28:21

grin and i thought it was just me! i wear my running knickers (ie - big!!) for riding but i still get sore bits.....

just found my seat last week....im hoping things may change from now on!

Zazzles007 Fri 08-Feb-13 23:43:08

Hmm, I used to do a lot of sitting trot in a very old, very hard Keiffer, and yeah, know about the discomfort. Although a seat saver helped somewhat, it didn't get rid of it completely. I did find that when I rode in a friends saddle, I didn't get the, eerrrr... chafing. I think the saddle fit me better in the right places grin.

Hope this helps.

CalamityKate Fri 08-Feb-13 23:52:54

Ooh ouch!

I remember years ago I had an hours lesson after not riding for years.

I BLED! Literally rubbed raw.

I bought a memory foam type seat saver a while after. If I remember the make I'll come back. I'm sure it was named after a person but I might have dreamed that. Heather Someone?? Oh it'll bug me now....

I have never been rubbed raw, but have experienced the erm...other end of the spectrum! blush

CalamityKate Fri 08-Feb-13 23:56:53

Heather Moffat!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now