What to wear under body protector?

(6 Posts)
catanddog Wed 16-Jan-13 16:06:14

Thanks all....

Ranthambore Wed 16-Jan-13 16:03:01

Just a long sleeved thermal top under and a weatherproof jacket over the top

MWBBE Wed 16-Jan-13 15:43:45

Yes just one thin layer under the body protector if you want a coat that goes on top of the body protector

OhMyNoReally Wed 16-Jan-13 13:43:52

Base layer. Haven't ridden for ages but I loved a base layer. Trekwear do dare2b ones in the sale for £4.95. I can recommend them, as I bought a few for the weekend hike.

bonzo77 Wed 16-Jan-13 13:40:06

I think you are only meant to wear 1 thin layer under. On Sunday I hacked out in 3deg weather. I wore a long sleeved thermal underneath and a hoodie over. Fleece gloves and warm socks. Was a bit chilly, should have worn a wind proof thin jacket too.

catanddog Wed 16-Jan-13 13:35:58

Hello,
Am recently back in the saddle after a 15 year break, and having weekly riding lessons and the odd hack. Jumping is appearing again on the horizon, so I thought best to invest in a body protector to be safe. Have my first lesson this week with my new body protector, and just wanted to know what/how many layers do you wear under/over yours (outdoor school and obviously chilly!) as am scared of boiling or freezing!
Thanks....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now