What to wear under body protector?

(6 Posts)
catanddog Wed 16-Jan-13 13:35:58

Hello,
Am recently back in the saddle after a 15 year break, and having weekly riding lessons and the odd hack. Jumping is appearing again on the horizon, so I thought best to invest in a body protector to be safe. Have my first lesson this week with my new body protector, and just wanted to know what/how many layers do you wear under/over yours (outdoor school and obviously chilly!) as am scared of boiling or freezing!
Thanks....

bonzo77 Wed 16-Jan-13 13:40:06

I think you are only meant to wear 1 thin layer under. On Sunday I hacked out in 3deg weather. I wore a long sleeved thermal underneath and a hoodie over. Fleece gloves and warm socks. Was a bit chilly, should have worn a wind proof thin jacket too.

OhMyNoReally Wed 16-Jan-13 13:43:52

Base layer. Haven't ridden for ages but I loved a base layer. Trekwear do dare2b ones in the sale for £4.95. I can recommend them, as I bought a few for the weekend hike.

MWBBE Wed 16-Jan-13 15:43:45

Yes just one thin layer under the body protector if you want a coat that goes on top of the body protector

Ranthambore Wed 16-Jan-13 16:03:01

Just a long sleeved thermal top under and a weatherproof jacket over the top

catanddog Wed 16-Jan-13 16:06:14

Thanks all....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now