Reading about riding...

(5 Posts)
Poledra Wed 16-Jan-13 13:01:27

OK, bit of background before I ask my question. I started riding as an adult (late twenties), rode for about 6 years than gave up for 7 years (3 babies during that period, no time!). I've been back riding for coming up two years. I'd consider myself a beginner/novice - walk, trot, canter, some basic dressage. Used to jump, have not done so since I came back to riding and TBH, am not that fussed about jumping.

I ride once a week at a great yard with a lovely instructor. Can't afford more. I was wonering if doing some reading about riding would be helpful and, if so, what would you recommend? DD1 started riding when I went back, and she gets Pony magazine, which I also flick through but I'm a bit old for it grin

Heather Moffatt's Enlightened Equitation is very good.

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 17-Jan-13 19:27:12

If you want a magazine i recommend Your Horse - its really informative and interesting and im learning a lot from it.

Mamab33 Mon 04-Feb-13 11:16:24

The Classical Seat by Sylvia Loch.

pandaptogether Mon 04-Feb-13 14:13:19

I read my daughters pony mag. Its good at explaining the basics, stuff you may have forgotten like conformation and stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now