Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Who the fuck dumps there horse in MY field

(395 Posts)
MagicLlama Fri 16-Nov-12 20:26:34

So ive gone down to let my horses in tonight, and there is an extra fucking horse in my field. I know its not mine. I know it wasnt there at 7:30 this morning. I know its been put in because the lock is cut off. CUT off. Theve cut my padlock off to put an additional horse IN!! IN!!

It went crazy when I took mine in to the stables, so I had no choice. Hes now in a stable with a haynet.

Ive rang round locally and noone appears willing to claim him. Ive rang the police, and theve advised me to put un an abandonement notice telling whoever owns him they have 14 days to shift him, before he becomes mine, and apparently hes my legal responsibility in the meantime because hes on my land.

WTF do I do now?

Leo35 Sun 18-Nov-12 18:39:28

I am not a horse owner, nor a horse rider (currently) but following this thread. Am I alone in this?! You are doing a lovely thing in looking after this horse MagicLlama. Really hoping for a happy ending for everyone. (sets Watch This Thread)...

I agree Leo! I used to ride many many moons ago. I am now too scared to but my everlasting love of horses and a keen horse-riding dd ensures I still get my fix of horse cuddles grin
I regularly read all the threads in the Tack Room just for the lovely memories they evoke. Would not dream of commenting though, my knowledge is minimal nowadays... (in fact dd knows more than I do and is, age nine, a far more competent rider than I ever was even in adulthood)

Magic, you are doing a wonderful thing for this lovely horse. I hope there is a happy outcome to this... (in a perfect world you would keep him grin)

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 18-Nov-12 19:37:32

Blimey . How bizarre . For someone to actually cut the padlock off , shows some forethought about it. It's not like most people drive round with a set of bolt croppers in the car.
I'd be more concerned that they had a horse to hand! hmm confused grin

gordyslovesheep Sun 18-Nov-12 19:52:29

Oh I would love him - but he'd have to live in the garage with the guinea pigs grin

I hope it gets sorted soon x

Bumping for the scan tomorrow!

OscarPistoriusBitontheside Mon 19-Nov-12 23:24:09

Marking place.

Do you want to send me a picture of him? I'm only in Cheshire and can put his picture up on my yard's page and see if anyone knows him.

He sounds a love (must not ask for him), we have had dogs and cats dumped and two lost horses, but they had escaped and gone on a jolly and we're reunited within 24 hours. Luckily the vet was on the yard and scanned them pro-bono.

Hope he's a lost boy and not a dumpee with no home.

octanegirl Tue 20-Nov-12 13:27:44

If whoever dumped him turns up you should present them with a livery bill and don't let them take him till it's been paid....

EasilyBored Tue 20-Nov-12 14:54:22

Marking place! The Mystery Of The Appearing Horse. Called Colin. You must name him Colin.

ChaoticismyLife Tue 20-Nov-12 15:40:50

Just read this thread, any news OP?

DameEnidsOrange Tue 20-Nov-12 16:12:35

Another amazing thread in the bizarre world of MN - horse squatting and party squatting - who knew such things could happen?

Where has the party squatting thread gone? Was looking for it but can't seem to locate it.

How did the scanning on LostBoy go?
Am trying to persuade dh to clear out the garage, he can come here smile

Stop looking, found it!!

MagicLlama Tue 20-Nov-12 17:22:20

Right update.

Vets been down this afternoon. He has a chip! Hurray! Vet cant tell me details of the chip due to data protection, but hes going to sort it and get in touch with the registered owners and let them know hes here with me and ive said im happy for my phone number to be given out, so am expecting a call shortly regarding missing horsey!

Oh glad he has a chip! That helps things!

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Tue 20-Nov-12 17:25:16

Hey, I've been following this thread but haven't posted yet.

Glad the horse has a chip. smile You've been great to him.

lisad123 Tue 20-Nov-12 17:26:34

I bet they will be very pleased to hear their horse is safe and well looked after

MagicLlama Tue 20-Nov-12 17:32:47

I am glad he has a chip but im also feeling a bit disappointed which is silly really.

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Tue 20-Nov-12 17:34:39

Unless it turns out they really did dump him and don't want him back...

Alameda Tue 20-Nov-12 17:36:49

but you won't be when he is reunited with his owner, it will be a lovely happy ending! smile

DorsetKnob Tue 20-Nov-12 17:38:47

Lets hope it is good news.

MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Tue 20-Nov-12 17:42:01

Let's hope they want him back.

MagicLlama Tue 20-Nov-12 17:44:31

No when hes back where he should be im sure ill feel wonderfu.. The vet said he was in good nick, aged approx 7, and well handled, so hes obviously been well cared for and Im sure hell be glad to get back home.

I assume he must have been stolen, as Id be surprised if someone who found a horse wandering randomly through the countryside would break into a field!

Oh, pleased he is chipped and hopefully he will soon be reunited with his owner.

(unless she was the one who dumped him???)

Plomino Tue 20-Nov-12 17:54:15

Oh fantastic ! But can also see why your feeling a bit disappointed . He was very fortunate indeed to get into your field .

msrisotto Tue 20-Nov-12 18:15:56

Oh Yay! Hopefully the owner will be over the moon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now