Who the fuck dumps there horse in MY field

(395 Posts)
MagicLlama Fri 16-Nov-12 20:26:34

So ive gone down to let my horses in tonight, and there is an extra fucking horse in my field. I know its not mine. I know it wasnt there at 7:30 this morning. I know its been put in because the lock is cut off. CUT off. Theve cut my padlock off to put an additional horse IN!! IN!!

It went crazy when I took mine in to the stables, so I had no choice. Hes now in a stable with a haynet.

Ive rang round locally and noone appears willing to claim him. Ive rang the police, and theve advised me to put un an abandonement notice telling whoever owns him they have 14 days to shift him, before he becomes mine, and apparently hes my legal responsibility in the meantime because hes on my land.

WTF do I do now?

Pickles77 Sat 17-Nov-12 15:05:18

Tack him up smile
Can we have a naming thread for him
<goes away to think>

Pixel Sat 17-Nov-12 16:35:36

Shame he's not a girl, could have had Perdita as it means 'lost one'.
(did Winter's Tale for A level smile).

Pixel Sat 17-Nov-12 16:36:45

Maybe there's a name for 'found one' which might be more appropriate though hmm.

Wolfiefan Sat 17-Nov-12 16:39:17

Hmm. Are you riding?

Pickles77 Sat 17-Nov-12 16:40:21

If he was a racehorse he could be 'the intruder' wink

Pixel Sat 17-Nov-12 16:41:52

How about Cuckoo? He's brown and he was dumped in the nest field.

Pickles77 Sat 17-Nov-12 16:42:26

Hospes is the Latin word for stranger?

Pickles77 Sat 17-Nov-12 16:44:42

Rebus- it means puzzle?

Pixel Sat 17-Nov-12 16:44:48

Lol, makes me think of that film 'Cactus Jack'. "My name's Handsome Stranger, I was named after my father" grin

prelim29 Sat 17-Nov-12 19:32:17

Have you posted in H&H forum? My initial thought was that it could be the result of a domestic arguement or falling out - vindictive partner removes horse to cause the most pain to their partner............ although most likely a cash strapped desperado who can't afford to keep their horse any more. My DP lives in the New Forest and it's not uncommon for horses to be dumped there as well. He sounds really nice, I'm sure he must be microchipped. Looking forward to the updates.

FeckOffWithYourXmasBollocks Sat 17-Nov-12 19:37:39

ERM... No. The vet charged £48 call out, £28 or so to vaccinate, £25 to INCORRECTLY fill out a new passport and then £12 for 10 seconds of scanning!

FeckOffWithYourXmasBollocks Sat 17-Nov-12 19:38:30

How about Nemo? It's no name/nobody in Latin.

MagicLlama Sat 17-Nov-12 20:17:08

Update time.

I have arranged with the vet to call Tuesday lunchtime to scan him for a chip.

As dontmind made a spectacularly valid point about my bro. I have checked with him to see if he arranged for me to "look after" a horse. He says not, and was mightly offended that I "could think he could be so selfish after everything he has done for me" I could rant about that but its not relevant to this thread

Again hes been a star. Brought them all in at half 6, and have groomed him all over. He was pretty good. Wasnt keen on his rear hock being done, as kept moving away. Hes sound on his leg though and I cant see any cuts / scratches or injuries on it, so was a bit odd especially as hes quite happy to pick the foot up to have his feet picked.

I have had a bridle and slightly too small saddle on him which he had on no problems. I didnt get on him because the saddle doesnt fit properly, but hes obviously been broken.

Ive had a couple of PMs following my posting on H & H but neither of them are him unfortunately, which must be heartbreaking for the people who are looking for their horses!

edam Sat 17-Nov-12 21:58:51

Glad he seems OK. You are doing a good thing (although it'd be nice if someone had asked you if you wanted to do a good thing in the first place...).

I like Nemo, not only for the meaning but the association with Finding Nemo - unlikely that his Dad will turn up, though, I guess!

Wolfiefan Sat 17-Nov-12 21:59:12

Watching with interest.
Hoping he's not been dumped as he has an injury in that leg. Waiting for Tuesday to hear what vet says.
[craving pony cuddles emoticon]

RandomMess Sat 17-Nov-12 22:01:21

foundling smile

Plomino Sat 17-Nov-12 22:18:29

Blimey . How bizarre . For someone to actually cut the padlock off , shows some forethought about it. It's not like most people drive round with a set of bolt croppers in the car.

Am racking brains trying to think of name for him !

KTK9 Sat 17-Nov-12 22:24:14

Thanks for the update, you are good to do this for him.

I like the name Nemo too.

Wolfiefan Sat 17-Nov-12 22:59:48

Shay
Hercules
Teddy
All names suggesting gift.

thewhistler Sat 17-Nov-12 23:10:55

Marking place as I hope he is ok and gets a happy ending.

Aw poor lost boy sad am marking place as I can't not know what happens to this lovely fellow now!

ExitPursuedByABrrrrrrr Sat 17-Nov-12 23:21:40

We had a couple of weenie youngsters dumped in an adjacent field in the summer. They escaped from the field and got on to the road and the police got involved but because we were provding them with water and they had grass they were deemed to be cared for. We placed an abandonment notice and miraculously the day before it expired they disappeared. Sod's law we had just found a home for them.

Tragic to think this boy might be stolen.

Hoping for a happy outcome.

thewashfairy Sun 18-Nov-12 00:17:10

I think he should be called Remi the main character in Hector Malot's book Nobody's Boy in which an orphan is raised by a loving adoptive mother and later gets sold to an entertainer who travels across the French country side.
Loved that book as a child smile.
Poor horse is Nobody's Boy at the moment isn't he. How very sad,and what a generous heart he must have to trust you like that,he sounds a great lad

thewhistler Sun 18-Nov-12 10:03:26

And how much confidence you must inspire.

SoggySummer Sun 18-Nov-12 10:11:55

You are doing a good thing looking after him so well. I hope this has a happy outcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now