Who the fuck dumps there horse in MY field

(395 Posts)
MagicLlama Fri 16-Nov-12 20:26:34

So ive gone down to let my horses in tonight, and there is an extra fucking horse in my field. I know its not mine. I know it wasnt there at 7:30 this morning. I know its been put in because the lock is cut off. CUT off. Theve cut my padlock off to put an additional horse IN!! IN!!

It went crazy when I took mine in to the stables, so I had no choice. Hes now in a stable with a haynet.

Ive rang round locally and noone appears willing to claim him. Ive rang the police, and theve advised me to put un an abandonement notice telling whoever owns him they have 14 days to shift him, before he becomes mine, and apparently hes my legal responsibility in the meantime because hes on my land.

WTF do I do now?

LivingThings Wed 21-Nov-12 23:09:55

Just marking my place.

You have done a fab job OP - he is lucky to have "found" you.

KTK9 Wed 21-Nov-12 23:13:10

Bloomin' heck, this thread is like a roller coaster.....just catching up and I am exhausted. One moment I'm up 'Hurray he has a chip', next moment back down 'Noooooo out of date', then up again 'She's going to keep him?'

Now I think I am flatlining waiting for the outcome of the notice!!!!!

I do hope you keep him, or at least see how he goes with a view to loaning him or having someone ride at yours and contribute. However, I fear that there may be some underlying reason why he was dumped and that perhaps he isn't sound to ride or just bonkers!

I never used to be such a pessimist, but think I have become jaded with age!

If you set up a fund for him, I am happy to contribute. I am a bit too far away to drop a few bales off.

I rememember the Blue Peter baby too, but thought it was a boy!!!!!

KT9 people dump them because they just cant afford to keep them! sad

LizzieVereker Wed 21-Nov-12 23:28:31

I don't mean this to sound flippant, in the respect that he sounds like a lovely horse, and you are so kind to take him in,

BUT.. (dramatic music)

is anyone else wondering if Liz Jones/ Jiz Loans could be behind this? She has recently vacated her dream country pile at v short notice, and had a lot of ponies to sort out... I wouldn't put it past her, the raddled old whinger.

Isnt Jizz based in Dartmoor? Stoke on Trent is a bit of a hike to dump a horse!

LizzieVereker Wed 21-Nov-12 23:35:03

True, true...but maybe she's trying to cover her tracks and retain her reputation as "insane, impoverished horse saver".

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 22-Nov-12 00:42:21

The Blue Peter Baby
It was decided that Blue Peter should feature a baby on the show, to demonstrate to viewers without a brother or a sister just how babies grew and developed and how they should be looked after. On 30th September 1968, at just fourteen weeks old, Daniel made his debut. Up until June 1970 Daniel made regular appearances. Peter Purves was none too pleased about being given the job of being Daniel's on-screen father-figure.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 22-Nov-12 00:53:32

A bit more about the Blue Peter baby

*BABY DANIEL
One of Biddy's bravest ideas was when Sylvia Scott, who looked after Jason the cat, discovered she was expecting her eighth child. The growth and development of baby Daniel Scott became a regular feature from 30 September 1968. It appealed to Biddy because, 'It had never, ever been done before. My thinking was that even if you're three, you can be superior to a baby. But I thought it would be an absolute switch-off for an eight-year-old boy if they saw Valerie Singleton holding a baby, so the idea was that John and Peter would look after Daniel.'
This made great television, with John, in particular, using every opportunity to extract maximum comedy from his new role. Peter Purves, on the other hand, was less happy: 'My heart sank. I didn't like doing it and it didn't interest me.' The programme 'retired' Daniel after his second birthday in the summer of 1970, so that he could grow up unaffected by his juvenile television stardom. He made one brief return to the world of Blue Peter in 1993 during the 35th-anniversary documentary, in which he talked about his troubled youth following his parents' divorce, and admitted to dabbling with drugs and crime.*

Apologies for the hijack, I've been lurking and know nothing about horses, but can google a bit. blush

Pixel Thu 22-Nov-12 01:01:01

Liz Jones - Exmoor. Think her ex-racehorse is a mare with ishoos.

I can't believe I'd never heard about the Blue Peter Baby! shock

frantic51 Thu 22-Nov-12 08:10:10

Ok I knew about the Blue Peter baby but can someone please point me in the direction of information about Liz Jones/Jizz Loans? <feeling left out and a bit of an idiot>

BellaTheGymnast Thu 22-Nov-12 11:17:23

How's horsey this morning OP?

SantasStrapOn Thu 22-Nov-12 13:12:01

Daily Mail is Jizz's spiritual and sadly, 'journalistic' home. You'll find her columns in the You mag section.

CointreauVersial Thu 22-Nov-12 13:16:39

Well, I'm pretty much the same age as the Blue Peter Baby, so it's not surprising I don't remember watching him in action.

I'm gripped by the horse saga - poor chap, but he does seem to have fallen on his hooves being with you, OP.

Pixel Thu 22-Nov-12 16:40:50

here you are more Liz Jones than you could ever need.

gemma4d Thu 22-Nov-12 21:22:58

Had you considered leaving Horsey in the stables for day 12 or 13 of the 14 day notice? From other people's threads, it would seem the horses are often re-claimed at this point.

At the least please could we have a video camera set up pref with live feed streaming direct to mumsnet

I'm with Gemma. I'd have him somewhere secure, and your own ponies as well. Theres nothing to say that someone unscrupulous wouldnt reclaim him and take yours as well. Make your sign visible, list your contact details, but keep him out of the way. If they look really horrible, you could pretend he has already been reclaimed

edam Thu 22-Nov-12 21:49:11

never mind the Blue Peter baby, what about his poor Mother? EIGHT children and the pampered Blue Peter pets to look after...

frantic51 Thu 22-Nov-12 23:04:40

Thank you pixel, erm... enlightening! grin

JimmysMum1988 Thu 22-Nov-12 23:09:59

I'd look online. Someone may be appealing for a missing horse? Would be a shame to move him on if they are looking for him x

Pixel Fri 23-Nov-12 18:50:17

I know Frantic, unbelievable. I mean, she's only wearing a dress to pose with her horse, personally I wouldn't be seen in anything less than a ballgown and tiara to go with my wellies.

saffronwblue Fri 23-Nov-12 22:39:28

Just been meaning to say don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

As you were.

edam Fri 23-Nov-12 23:28:13

grin Saffron, you just couldn't stop yourself...

I think it may be worth you contacting Moorcraft and Retraining of Racehorses - they may have some way of taking him, or helping you with him......

careergirl Sun 25-Nov-12 15:21:25

I would recommend Greatwood

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now