Shoes keep on coming off...

(5 Posts)
Sparklyoldwhizzbangcatpusswhee Fri 02-Nov-12 22:34:43

Horse boots. They're a bit like trainers for horses. You only put them on when you need them, ie roadwork, the rest of the time the horse is barefoot. All you need is a file down by the carrier once in a while.

tazzle22 Thu 01-Nov-12 22:46:31

sorry, you have kinda lost me ? I thought you said they coming off almost every week. ?

if you wanted to it is possible to go barefoot with most pones......... we used to drive ( retired due to arthritis now) and did endurance, both of which involved a lot of roadwork, and all done barefoot. Not trying to pressurise, just reassure that its possible if you wanted to do it.

sugar4eva Thu 01-Nov-12 21:55:57

they are staying on for longer now. and i hack her out a lot, so i need her to have shoes on smile

tazzle22 Thu 01-Nov-12 21:23:57

keep them off ???

It must be damaging her hoof wall to have them continually replaced ?

A lot of people routinely remove shoes for the winter even if they are put back in spring.

I dont have this problem as mine barefoot all the time wink

sugar4eva Thu 01-Nov-12 21:18:47

Hi, my pony loves being out in the feild, so she is out alternate days in the week. The feilds are really muddy as its raining sooo much recently and her shoes keep on getting sucked off, its happens almost every week, and its getting expensive now. What do you suggest??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now