Help me find horsey insurance please!

(10 Posts)
SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 01-Oct-12 20:14:53

That's good! Been there, it's no fun! sad glad you got it sorted.

PestoSandalissimos Mon 01-Oct-12 17:45:08

I did SaggyOldClothCatPuss, I was quite careful to be specific coz I don't want to not be covered.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 01-Oct-12 16:34:15

Did you ask them about PL specifically? When I tried to claim on Dds rider insurance for this, I was told that I was liable, not her as she was a minor. It might be worth asking them the question specifically, just to be clear.

PestoSandalissimos Mon 01-Oct-12 13:35:29

Thank you all, it was just required for public liability.

I rang the BHS's insurance brokers, and they confirmed that Gold Membership for DD2 was sufficient and I didn't need to be a member myself.

Sorted! smile

Treblesallround Mon 01-Oct-12 09:22:32

If you're full loaning do you need to insure for vet and loss of animal, or is the owner retaining this? If you need cover I can recomend NFU Mutual, but if just public liability then Pony Club or BHS should be fine

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 30-Sep-12 20:41:30

I was going to say BhS. You get a free legal helpline, and a certain amount of personal injury. (Also, once a year in their magazine, they publish a free ticket to Hickstead. If you're both members, and you ring and ask, they'll send you a spare mag, then you and dd get a free day out! wink )

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 30-Sep-12 20:38:06

If she's a minor, you both need to join. You can't make a PL claim against a minor. As her responsible adult it would probably revert to you.

PestoSandalissimos Sun 30-Sep-12 12:24:54

Thank you LastMango,

I think for us, the BHS is the way to go smile

LastMangoInParis Sun 30-Sep-12 11:59:50

Have you contacted/joined BHS?

Gold membership should cover you (not sure how it would work for DD), but either way, BHS should be able to give good advice on best insureres and policy.

PestoSandalissimos Sun 30-Sep-12 09:28:22

DD2 is about to loan a pony for the first time and I need to find an insurance policy that'll cover her for public liability.

Any suggestions gratefully received as it's many moons ago since I last loaned a pony and I can't remember which insurer we used... was it Norwich Union?

Thank you in advance
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now