Bastard Rain .....

(5 Posts)
Pixel Thu 27-Sep-12 22:52:11

Our farmer thoughtfully put the field shelters at the bottom of the hill, so I've been digging ditches to try and channel the water away and stop it running in. Has worked so far, the floors are dry, but I got soaked to the skin while dhorse watched me from inside hmm. Oh this was after I'd stood at the top of the field in driving rain to fix the fence he'd trashed earlier grrr! At least it's quite warm so we haven't had wet rugs to deal with yet, and strangely none of the horses has rolled so no caked on mud.

AllPastYears Thu 27-Sep-12 21:23:41

Totally agree. My jumping lesson has now been cancelled twice because the school is a swamp. This after a summer where we couldn't use the schools for at least two months. Aargh! Enough already!

alwaysGOLD Thu 27-Sep-12 21:10:16

Yep i agree HATE it, i hate the mud it causes! im convinced they spot me coming and fling themselves in it. when their led up the track im sure they bring their feet down extra hard to splatter my back and get it in my wellies...

quoteunquote Thu 27-Sep-12 12:48:03

my pigs are loving it, all the greys over at my friend's are pink, impossible to get out, they do look funny,she on red soil.

Weve had what must be 3 months worth of rain in the last 4 days. The fields are waterloggered and where they are not waterlogged they are now just piles of sloshy mud.

Even my hardcore shetland who normally wont let me catch her prefers to stay out is waiting at the gate to be brought in at night.

I cant take the DSs on the route we normally go for a hack because there is a giant lake .. an actual lake which is deeper than my bloody wellies .. so unless im willing to walk around with water in my shoes I have to take them the way of the giant fuck off hill.

I hate the rain, I hate hate hate HATE the rain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now