horse riding in Bucks

(4 Posts)
bucksmum Wed 19-Sep-12 10:10:33

Brawlings farm - chalfont st Peter v good

alwaysGOLD Mon 17-Sep-12 12:32:50

Totally agree with rosehall
Although never ridden their horses, i did do some ponyclub rallies there and did some work exp. Excellently run place

Principality Mon 17-Sep-12 11:45:52

Rosehall farm on the bucks herts border is fab. It has a webpage.

I went back to riding by having weekly private lessons there. The instructors I would recommend are George or Rachel.

At first I rode Mr brown, a dressage school master, and bagel, an ex eventer. Both horses can go really nicely, and if you ride properly will work in a nice outline and move forward freely. But they are used for beginners so if you let then they will slope along half asleep!

Once I'd improved on them I then started riding harry, a young and greenish 6 year old. Great fun!

I really would recommend them. I know they also do hacks but I had friends horses I can hack for free and I'd picked up a multitude of bad habits so I wanted some lessons. They were great and I'm hoping to get back into it now the kids are back at school.

HayleyMount Sun 16-Sep-12 14:34:11

I have recently moved to Amersham in Bucks and would love to find a riding stables nearby. I used to do a lot of horse riding into my early 20s - and so looking for a stables which offers more than the usual plodding shire horse type! I would be looking for hacks out or even the opportunity to help exercise someone's horse for them. If anyone has any advice then i would be grateful to hear from you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now