horse riding in Bucks

(4 Posts)
HayleyMount Sun 16-Sep-12 14:34:11

I have recently moved to Amersham in Bucks and would love to find a riding stables nearby. I used to do a lot of horse riding into my early 20s - and so looking for a stables which offers more than the usual plodding shire horse type! I would be looking for hacks out or even the opportunity to help exercise someone's horse for them. If anyone has any advice then i would be grateful to hear from you.

Principality Mon 17-Sep-12 11:45:52

Rosehall farm on the bucks herts border is fab. It has a webpage.

I went back to riding by having weekly private lessons there. The instructors I would recommend are George or Rachel.

At first I rode Mr brown, a dressage school master, and bagel, an ex eventer. Both horses can go really nicely, and if you ride properly will work in a nice outline and move forward freely. But they are used for beginners so if you let then they will slope along half asleep!

Once I'd improved on them I then started riding harry, a young and greenish 6 year old. Great fun!

I really would recommend them. I know they also do hacks but I had friends horses I can hack for free and I'd picked up a multitude of bad habits so I wanted some lessons. They were great and I'm hoping to get back into it now the kids are back at school.

alwaysGOLD Mon 17-Sep-12 12:32:50

Totally agree with rosehall
Although never ridden their horses, i did do some ponyclub rallies there and did some work exp. Excellently run place

bucksmum Wed 19-Sep-12 10:10:33

Brawlings farm - chalfont st Peter v good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now