PGDipEd Interview - presentation?

(5 Posts)
AButterfly Sun 13-Nov-16 19:03:38

Hi

I have a PGDipEd interview coming up and I have to do a presentation on promoting pupil engagement with a key stage 4 concept of my choice.

I am not sure what that means, I had been prepared to do a mini lesson or present my reasons for teaching, but I can't fathom what they are asking for?

By concept do they mean particular topic covered by the GCSE or something wider such as source analysis (I am going for history)

Can anyone help clarify?

PS I am a career changer so don't have a university tutor to ask.

AButterfly Sun 13-Nov-16 19:06:22

Just for your info, I am 33, it has been 11 years since I graduated so my historical knowledge is a bit rusty to say the least as well.

AButterfly Mon 14-Nov-16 07:01:58

Just bumping myself - or does nobody know?

yerjotters Mon 14-Nov-16 07:08:38

Hmmm I would be tempted to say they're asking for a presentation on how to make a particular curricular area engaging for that age group? May be wrong though. You could call or email to clarify, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

yerjotters Mon 14-Nov-16 07:09:51

Also it's worth looking to see if there is a Facebook group set up for applicants. I found that hugely helpful through the application process.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now