Anyone have a great project to do until christmas...

(14 Posts)
RegencyRomanceReader Fri 04-Nov-16 21:06:08

I know this is mumsnet not TES but I'm sure you'll have some ideas for me! I teach 5 pupils 1 1/2hours a week. They all have SLD, 2 are non-ambulant and are all working at p levels. The topic is 'past and present' and we have been going out and about in the local area but there is now a minibus crisis so we are school bound without a clear plan. What do I do? Any good ideas?

noblegiraffe Fri 04-Nov-16 21:13:09

Time capsule?

SisterViktorine Fri 04-Nov-16 21:15:16

Are you stuck with 'past and present'? That seems quite abstract for the children you have?

TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 04-Nov-16 21:15:51

YY, time capsule. Lots of photographs. Maybe some old fashioned toys?

Could they cope with a visiting speaker?

Sleeperandthespindle Fri 04-Nov-16 21:16:36

Your last three weeks (December) can surely be Christmas past and present...

What age group?

SisterViktorine Fri 04-Nov-16 21:18:59

Have you explored the Northern Ireland curriculum for SLD? I like it.

There is a unit exploring change over time. I will try to link it...

The Time of our Lives

Sleeperandthespindle Fri 04-Nov-16 21:25:47

SisterVictorine, thanks for that link. I haven't seen those resources before. Looks very useful!

RegencyRomanceReader Fri 04-Nov-16 21:26:13

Thanks guys. I am sort of stuck with past or present, I agree its abstract but at least it has room for scope. The original plans I was given had learning about Henry VIII!! Visiting speaker would be too much really they need to do rather than listen. Time capsule sounds good.

RandomDent Fri 04-Nov-16 21:28:55

Thank you for that link, SisterViktorine smile

Sleeperandthespindle Fri 04-Nov-16 21:31:44

What would interest them? Past- present transport (include steam trains...Thomas) ? Toys? Clothes?

Sleeperandthespindle Fri 04-Nov-16 21:32:24

Computers? Identify which are old and new?

RegencyRomanceReader Sat 05-Nov-16 07:55:22

sleeper they are KS4 and whilst I think they would love a bit of Thomas I am bound by the old "age appropriate" mantra.

Sleeperandthespindle Sat 05-Nov-16 08:10:37

Ah, I didn't notice you'd said ks4! Fair enough, not Thomas then. But, steam trains and modern trains is very age appropriate. I know many an adult who would enjoy videos and pictures of trains.

Bluepowder Sat 05-Nov-16 21:35:18

Food? Tudor food, modern day food, diets of rich and poor? Could they do a bit of cooking? There is a fab Tudor mince pie recipe original document online with 'reasons of the sunne' (raisins). That is fun to decipher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now