Y3 TA job interview HELP

(5 Posts)
Keepittoyourself Wed 21-Sep-16 11:57:50

Hi
I have worked as a TA for 7 years working in a variety of year groups with whole classes and children with educational/ physical needs. I have a degree in supporting teaching and learning with a teaching learning and mentoring top up so I have experience and qualifications but I have been out of work five years due to caring for a family member.
I have applied for a few jobs over the last few months and have an interview next Thursday confused I suddenly feel very anxious and worried I won't know anything when asked during the interview.
I really need to get back to work as money is getting very tight which is making me even more anxious about he interview. Has anyone got any interview hints or tips or anything I really should know?
Thank you

solittletime Wed 21-Sep-16 12:44:52

I was out if work for 3 years after a stint abroad and. Not that much experience apart from teaching in international schools, so prob less experience and qualifications than you.
Thought no one would look at me, and I got two just 2 offers!
I had a teaching friend talk me through the latest 'in' things and stock phrases. Which I now can't remember! But things like teaching all children as equals , accessing each individual, blah blah. At least I felt like I appeared to still be informed on the most recent practises.
But for the practical observation just be yourself, it will all come back!!
First rule of being observed I learnt the hard way: don't teach according to the guidelines, just keep them in mind but go with the flow.
Good luck!

Keepittoyourself Thu 22-Sep-16 20:34:01

Thank you solittletime.

ReturnoftheWhack Thu 22-Sep-16 20:36:33

I would familiarise yourself with up to date safeguarding legislation and ensure you have read the schools latest OFSTED report. Even if they don't ask, I would offer the information as to the employment break.

ReturnoftheWhack Thu 22-Sep-16 20:36:50

Oh and massive good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now