What are your essentials for setting up a new classroom

(2 Posts)
Anaffaquine123 Wed 10-Aug-16 22:54:28

I got a new job yesterday. I don't know which year group I'm getting yet or even which classroom I'm getting.
I am freaking out as I like to take a few days usually to get the room organised but I know nothing, not names, not topics, nada.
Our term starts on Monday. I have 2 under 5 that now won't be in nursery until Monday either. I had hoped to get lots done today whilst they weren't with me but it hadn't been decided where I was going so I put up backing paper in both areas and left.
I now have to be realistic about how much I can prepare before the kids arrive on Tuesday.
It is a while since I've been full time and not a job share to share the load.
I left most of my display stuff in my old school as it was passed its best anyway.
What would you say I should definitely get ready before Tuesday. I've bought extra ink for my printer and the laminator is ready to go!
I thought tray, peg labels
Jobs board
Lettering for numeracy, literacy and mindfulness displays
Multiple copies of class lists
Stationery
Folders named for their filing
What else should I sort?
Thanks in advance!

Kathsmum Sun 14-Aug-16 22:24:46

Don't panic! Hopefully you will get some time at the start of term (especially if you don't have class lists etc). Plan in a 'display' activity for the first week: self portraits interests, etc to start off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now