SATs results are in...

(13 Posts)
BetweenTwoLungs Tue 05-Jul-16 09:58:37

Any other y6 teachers? Ours aren't as bad as we anticipated. A dip on last year and some who just missed out which is a shame. I thought the score needed in the grammar was quite harsh.

Notonaschoolnight Tue 05-Jul-16 16:24:28

My dd is really annoyed at the new system and I can totally understand 97% of her class achieved in reading but she's always been a very able reader probably one of the best in her class and she wants a score that shows how hard she works not be the same as virtually her whole class

Can the scaled scores equate to an old school level!

GraciesMansion Tue 05-Jul-16 16:32:25

Surely her individual score shows how well she did compared to her classmates though, doesn't it? 97% of the class might have reached the expected level but they won't all have the same score.

Notonaschoolnight Tue 05-Jul-16 16:39:52

All the info I have is how many points she scored not out of how many, so that's neither use nor ornament, then a scaled score and an outcome of achieved

No idea how the points she scored or her scale score compare to the rest of her class or y6's generally

WomanActually Tue 05-Jul-16 16:44:55

*All the info I have is how many points she scored not out of how many, so that's neither use nor ornament, then a scaled score and an outcome of achieved

No idea how the points she scored or her scale score compare to the rest of her class or y6's generally*

All I got was the score, dd did say her teacher said marks were from 80 to 120 and that they all met the 100 goal.

Notonaschoolnight Tue 05-Jul-16 16:54:11

Ah right so the scale scores run from 80 to. 120 that's really good to know thank you

DraenorQueen Tue 05-Jul-16 17:04:26

Horrendous here - 31% combined, but this was completely anticipated (95% EAL, high mobility, etc). I fully expect an inspection early next year but if they can show us how to do things better, I welcome them with open arms.
Took an hour to compose a letter to the parents to the effect of "your child has worked their absolute socks off all year but is still at the bottom of the pile."
Shame on you, Nicky.

ineedaholidaynow Tue 05-Jul-16 17:20:15

If the national average is 53% and we can't compare to previous years as the tests were so different, will this impact the floor standard?
I am a Governor and we have a meeting tonight. Think it might be quite depressing sad

clam Tue 05-Jul-16 19:02:41

97% of her class achieved in Reading??? shock shock

<faints>

Notonaschoolnight Tue 05-Jul-16 19:24:50

Yip and 91% of the class for combined I know it's brilliant, but in fairness it's a leafy green slightly middle class c of e one form entry school with outstanding ofsted and this years group was also a bit better than an average year so they had everything going for them, I appreciate that as I've worked in schools that were the total opposite

clam Tue 05-Jul-16 19:29:50

I work in a leafy MC place too, but we could write the bloody answers on the board and still struggle to get them to target!

BetweenTwoLungs Tue 05-Jul-16 20:29:32

Hahahahahaha oh clam I know that feeling!!!

No idea what this means for floor!

notonaschoolnight your daughters teacher will have her raw score from the paper, I.e how many she scored out of 50. She will also have a scaled score, which works out if she's expected or not.

I agree it seems strange that children just scraping through are labelled the same as those who excel, but that's the government for you.

Notonaschoolnight Tue 05-Jul-16 21:47:14

I can only think that parents will depend on the scaled score to get some idea of level, I can get my head around 110+ being really good and 115+ being outstanding

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now