End of term tiredness - struggling!

(15 Posts)
PumpkinPie2013 Mon 27-Jun-16 19:30:44

This is a whinge really but I'm sure I won't be alone!

14 school days until summer holidays and I am really struggling now!

Y11 and 13 gone but I seem to be busier than ever with new intake days, end of year trips and new resources to write and upload before the end of term. Plus, of course, still teaching year 7-10 and marking end of year tests

My lessons felt rubbish today and I'm short tempered with the kids because I'm so tired sad

Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling like these last three weeks are a huge struggle!

Roll on summer!

noblegiraffe Mon 27-Jun-16 19:54:43

I haven't got any gained time so I'm still teaching a bunch of KS3, Y10 and Y12, who all seem to have mentally checked out. I set some homework last week for Y8 but from what I got back I don't think I'll be bothering again.

This week I've got a massive stack of exams to mark, but I'm knackered.

MaureenMLove Mon 27-Jun-16 20:16:03

I feel for you all. flowers. I'm a school worker and in charge of cover.

We are so busy with end of term things that every day now I'm asking staff with gained time to help out. I hate it. You deserve to have some bloody free time, but it's just not possible. The shouldn't be happening I know that, but I just follow instructions. sad. People are starting to avoid me and get cross with me. I can feel my stress levels rising the minute I arrive in the mornings now.

I shouted so loudly and seemingly suddenly in a yr9 class today, that even the toughest of the bunch looked shocked and sat down immediately and didn't move! grin

Hang in there, it is nearly over and I for one know what a fabulous job you do and I appreciate you heaps! flowers

Belager Mon 27-Jun-16 20:20:38

You aren't alone! 18.5 days to go! I'm in primary so kids are just as impatient as me! Im also 33 weeks pregnant, so really pushing to last despite spd. We can do this!!!

Wellmeetontheledge Mon 27-Jun-16 20:33:32

I'm year 1 and the data collecting and sorting and re-writing and transitioning is in full flow! Plus the little munchkins are all shattered and illness is rife!

teacher54321 Mon 27-Jun-16 20:43:58

I finish next Friday and am on my knees... So tired.

negrilbaby Mon 27-Jun-16 21:23:20

We're still awaiting the dreaded OFSTED visit. It has been imminent since September!!!
The HT is sure it will be soon - so no let up at all.

pieceofpurplesky Mon 27-Jun-16 21:28:34

I am just so tired. The kids are tired. Year 7s are morphing in to bad tempered Year 8 mode.
Schemes to write, exams to mark, intervention in gained time of year 10s, every class with pupils missing for one thing or another so having to play catch up ....

leccybill Mon 27-Jun-16 22:11:06

Last week, I fell asleep exhausted on the sofa at 8pm every night, I was bone tired.
But it's July this week which is a good mental hurdle.
Only 3 more Mondays now!

echt Tue 28-Jun-16 09:47:44

I'm in Australia, so on a two-week holiday now, but I felt your pain.

The term that's just finished was eleven weeks!!! I did that falling asleep on the sofa at eight thing in the tenth week, but pulled it together for the last. Ratty temper, though.

Belager Tue 28-Jun-16 15:42:35

3 more Tuesday's!

Acopyofacopy Tue 28-Jun-16 15:55:19

Yes to lovely Y7s morphing into horrible Y8s! sad

I was so grumpy on Monday, the kids were grumpy in return. I really need to pull myself together.

"Of course we're working up to the last day" - said by our head in staff meeting today. wine

Balletblue Sat 02-Jul-16 10:10:17

I'm really struggling. I'm a TA in primary. The teachers are tired, the yr 6s are bored, the tas are anxious as we don't know what roles we'll have next school year. I have end of term trips to go on and a load of assessments to do. We've got two weeks to go.....

goldenlilliesdaffodillies Sat 02-Jul-16 15:56:44

I often wonder why at the end of the year when everyone is absolutely exhausted, more and more extra 'fun' activities are crammed into the timetable. The children are on their knees, the teachers have had enough and many parents find all the extra things a struggle too, particularly if you need to find babysitters too. Why do schools do this and who is it benefitting?
My child is in the final year of school. This week I have had to go to 3 extra late night events. It s all too much and everyone is too tired to enjoy any of it.

Doowrah Mon 04-Jul-16 17:31:42

Absolutely shattered it's only Monday...gawd help me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now