How to ask headteacher for a pay increase!

(5 Posts)
Perriwinkle9991 Tue 14-Jun-16 19:52:38

I have been at my current job for one year. I am almost at the top of my scale.
I do pastoral care for the school mainly safeguarding/child protection.
I have done lots for the school this year and a lot more than what's included in my job description.
Ive compared my post to others in the borough and they are the next 1-2 pay grades above and a few friends of mine do similar jobs in schools and they are earning a lot more than me by 4-5k per year.
Ive spoken to my finance manager and she said the budgets been set so it's best to ask in September for next year!
Ive never worked in a school so don't know how to ask or if they will do it.
Ive always hit my targets in appraisals and everyone comments how good my work is and what ive done so I do feel like I've earnt it!
What's the best solution I don't want to look cheeky confused

toomuchicecream Tue 14-Jun-16 22:02:08

Ask in your performance management review how you should go about it. Point out how you've exceeded all targets, added value to the organisation etc etc and see what their response is.

Perriwinkle9991 Wed 15-Jun-16 18:03:20

Thank you! I'm currently writing down lots of things I've done on top of my role currently so it shows ive done more than my grade! So nerve racking I hate it!

TheSnowFairy Fri 17-Jun-16 17:21:55

Hmm, good luck with that!

But you may as well try - I would do as ice suggested then email HT and Business Manager.

TheSnowFairy Fri 17-Jun-16 17:23:01

Actually, apologies for the cynical answer blush, that was just based on my experience!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now