Ks1 assessment - depressing

(9 Posts)
MsColouring Tue 07-Jun-16 19:59:46

I have tried so hard to keep on top of it all this year. I have a small cohort of children but we are in an area of high social deprivation. Went to a moderation meeting today and now wondering if I even have 50% at the expected standard. Their spelling is really letting them down - we have worked really hard but it just doesn't seem good enough sad. If we still had levels we wouldn't be far of 100%.

HouseAnxiety Fri 10-Jun-16 06:34:50

Hi,
Try not to worry. Everyone is in the same boat. Remember you can get children to edit their work.

With a small cohort, 1 or 2 make a big impact with percentage!

This year will be written off imo!

ConkerTriumphant Fri 10-Jun-16 07:02:49

How did it go?

bumbleclat Fri 10-Jun-16 21:49:06

Yes this year is just a holding year I think it'll be written off too.

MsColouring Sat 11-Jun-16 15:45:10

I really hope this year will be written off. Being moderated on Thursday - have met the moderarator and think he is someone I can have a sensible conversation with - might give him a list of children I am unsure on and use it to my advantage.

And these silly exclamation sentences are doing my head in - they sound so ridiculous.

rollonthesummer Tue 14-Jun-16 23:06:40

I've been out of year two for a while now. To those currently in the thick of it- what 'old' level would you say 'expected' approximately equates to? Especially for writing?

bumbleclat Wed 15-Jun-16 04:13:16

3C angry

icklekid Wed 15-Jun-16 04:19:58

Expected is definitely minimum 2a with potentially some aspects of level 3. We have no writing at greater depth which is disappointing.

We had moderation on Monday and found it a really positive experience- highlighted how well teachers knew children and with sufficient evidence all judgements were quickly agreed with some argued up!

rollonthesummer Wed 15-Jun-16 07:49:35

That is scary. When inward in year 3-I was in an area of extremely high social deprivation-lots of movement, absence, eal, pp. we only ever had one or two secure level 3s each year and mainly in maths. I bet none of them would get expected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now