Has anyone studied a post graduate qualification in special needs / inclusion?

(3 Posts)
geogteach Thu 12-May-16 20:38:34

I'm thinking of studying for a masters (or other post grad qualification). I currently teach for the LA teaching kids who are excluded until they get new placements. The majority of my students have special needs. Whilst i'm keen to study for the sake of studying I also have an eye on future jobs, whilst i have experience of working with students with a variety of needs I have no qualifications in this area. Has anyone done a course they recomend ? Or have any other words of wisdom?

cacaboudin Thu 12-May-16 22:17:32

National Senco Award - currently still mandatory for new Sencos, I think? If you have it under your belt then you're a more attractive prospect as the school doesn't need to put you through it.

hackneyzoo Thu 12-May-16 22:21:10

I've done a SENCo award and an MA in SEN and Inclusion at the Institute of Education, the latter was about 8 years ago, but it was worth doing and has been very helpful in my teaching. I work in a school for children with SEMH and would recommend either qualifications. SENCO Award is probably the most useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now