Moving from year 2 to Reception

(4 Posts)
Littlefeet26 Sat 19-Mar-16 10:57:01

Hi everyone, I'm seeking a bit of reassurance really! I'm moving from y2 to reception in sept and although I'm pleased I'm also feeling a bit apprehensive about it. I've been in year 2 for a fair few years and have quite limited experience of eyfs. My ht is lovely and had promised me all the training and time I'll need, I just still have a niggling, anxious feeling! Anyone got experience of moving ks1 to reception?

babyinthacorner Fri 25-Mar-16 07:20:17

I'm in the same boat! Have been teaching year 3 this year, but most experience in year1. Place marking and watching with interest!

hollieberrie Sat 26-Mar-16 16:28:18

I did my nqt year in year 2. Then moved to eyfs and have never left! You'll love it grin

lateforeverything Sat 26-Mar-16 17:14:50

I have mainly yr1 with some yr2 experience but have spent some time in EY this year. The main difference for me has been having one group 'on task' with an adult for lit or num whilst the others rotate on related activities. That took me a bit of getting used to, compared to having all chn writing at the same time, for example.

Best of luck, I'm going the other way in Sept- Yr3 grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now